IGNORED

Atari8warez 10502PC drivers for Windows 10

slx

I bought a combined SIO2PC(USB)-10502PC from Atari8warez in 2013. As I only had Macs back then, it was configured in "basic" Mac mode, i.e. without customized device strings.

I now want to use it in 10502PC mode on a Windows 10 PC but found that Atari8warez apparently has been banned from AA and his website is gone, too. The newest drivers I got with the device are Windows 7 and won't install under Windows 10.

KaFar (from Lotharek's site) seems to use a different protocol as it gives back a lot of "invalid handle" messages followed by "Error opening port ..."

APE doesn't recognize it either.

The drive is set to D1: and works flawlessly when plugged into an Atari.

Windows shows the device as a USB-serial converter with a Windows 10 driver.

Something is still missing, but what?

Any help appreciated!

P.S.: I could not find anything about why Atari8warez was banned, so sorry if even mentioning him is considered inappropriate.

Very weird. I have one of his devices too - when I got a Win10 box I just plugged it in and it was recognized and works just fine.

I believe this is due to my device originally having been configured for MacOS. A8W said he'd leave out the USB device strings for Mac OS because wasn't familiar with MacOS drivers. Windows therefore doesn't "know" the exact type of device (at least that's what I assume).

search facebook for atari8warez or ALibPc and use APP and download ALibPc.zip. the zip has the drivers for the 10502pc and I think that they are good for windows 10 but you have to tell it to use unsigned drivers.

Thanks a lot! Works like a charm now. I think I set the COM port wrong on my initial attempts.

I believe this is due to my device originally having been configured for MacOS. A8W said he'd leave out the USB device strings for Mac OS because wasn't familiar with MacOS drivers. Windows therefore doesn't "know" the exact type of device (at least that's what I assume).

I dunno. I used mine with my Mac for about 3 years myself before getting my current Windows laptop.

Anyway I see below you got it sorted so that’s good.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 5/2/2019 at 1:41 PM, DrVenkman said:

I dunno. I used mine with my Mac for about 3 years myself before getting my current Windows laptop.

Anyway I see below you got it sorted so that’s good.

I managed to get it running on Win 10. Did you use the 10502PC functionality on a Mac and/or is there any software that is supposed to do 10502PC except for APE?