IGNORED

Wii U gamepad case?

Atariboy

I wanted something to store my gamepad in to protect it when I don't have it hooked up, that would let me put it inside a small plastic bin I bought with latches that's just big enough for the Wii U and its primary accessories.

I was afraid of screen scratches and the like, but this looks like it will protect it nicely. Pink isn't my first choice of color, but it's long out of production and $10 is hard to beat.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/powera-gamer-essentials-kit-for-nintendo-wii-u-pink/7650166.p?skuId=7650166&ref=17&loc=11&CampaignID=981998&SubscriberID=504644503

Ahhhhh, I see. I might actually pick one of those up myself. I still keep my game pad on the stand that came with the Deluxe bundle, and with where it's placed I can't tell you how many times the cat has nearly knocked it over. It'll eventually meet its maker at some point, it's just a matter of when. I also don't use it enough to justify it being out all the time either, so a case like that will be perfect for it.

It arrived today and I just put my gamepad inside of it. Seems well built and does everything I wanted.

The only flaws are with the optional Wii U glove. There's no cut outs for the bottom charging receptacle used with the charging dock (But there's a cut out in-between those for the never utilized expansion port, lol). Not too big of a deal for me since like you know, I also have cats. I've never thought of a good spot to put the charging dock that felt cat-safe enough to just leave it sitting on it, so I've always just plugged the cord in and charged it that way.

And it slightly interferes with the L and R shoulder buttons by making them almost feel like they're recessed. So not sure I'll keep it on, but we'll see after I've played some games with it. At least it hides one of the screw holes on the rear that I'd notice every time I used it (The screw hole cover fell off at some point a few months ago and I've never found it to reattach it).

Edited by Atariboy