IGNORED

SwordQuest: AirWorld Pre-orders

Dutchman2000

Just like the rest, we'd like to get an idea of the number of carts we need to make. If you are planning to order a cart at any point, shoot an email to:

airworld@atari.net

We are hoping to have a complete set for you consisting of the cart, comic and instruction booklet. Due to this the cost might be more than for a regular homebrew cart.

Currently we do not have a definite release date but I will tell you this: It will be released when it is ready.

Not really, as the only thing we would use from it is the case. I would like to point out now that this is not going to be cheap. We have to have boxes made and printed along with the labels, instruction books and comics. Also, there might even be a T-shirt made as that was part of the original offer back then. All proceeds from the sales of the game will go toward the cost of manufacturing it.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by wolfgang:

I sent an email as well as the rest.

Sounds great. What is the expected cost?

I know you said more than a regular hombrew, but I'm just curious, as I need to start saving for it.

Brad

If it helps to seal the deal, fellow Kentuckian, the comic book is drawn 100% in Kentucky, by yours truly.

quote:

Originally posted by pitfallaimee:

If it helps to seal the deal, fellow Kentuckian, the comic book is drawn 100% in Kentucky, by yours truly.

That's pretty cool, when did this happen? Do you have any artwork we can look at to get an idea of what we can expect for the Fireworld comic? Will it be in the same style as the previous Swordquest comics?

..Al

I'm attempting to stay as close to the originals as possible, but I have made a few minor changes, such as Tarra's facial appearance and hair. You can expect a knock-down drag-out fight, a slew of flight themed monsters and allies, and the Sword of Ultimate Sorcery. As yet, I have no art work scanned in, as I don't have easy access to a scanner.

I do have a picture of Tarra and a picture of Torr that're digital pictures of a panel (translation: of poor quality), which you can see by cutting and pasting this link:

http://www.geocities.com/pitfallaimee/Torr.JPG http://www.geocities.com/pitfallaimee/Tarra.JPG

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: pitfallaimee ]

Cool!

I've been wanting to play the finished game ever since the days of watching Todd play with the sole prototype. Is it based off the original cartridge? Or is it completely original (IE not real Atari)?

Either way - expect an email from me

--K.R.

Well, since no one has come forward with the demo cart or any original source code our game is completely original. We are using the same basis for the game as Tod was going to use but otherwise the game is all new. If we could see what was done we would definitely incorporate it. We don't have any estimates on price yet as we are still gathering information on publishing it.