32 members have voted

1. 1. ATTENDING

• I am strongly interested in attending
    • I am slightly interested in attending
    • I live too far away to attend
    • I have too many commitments to be able to attend
    • I am not interested at all

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm here at ATX Hackerspace to drop off some Commodore 1702 monitors. When you turn into the business park complex, you'll want to keep heading towards the back and the Hackerspace is building 3 which will be on the right. Drive past the building, turn right, and park over by where the bus is. The suite is 304. There's a room on the left after you come in through the visitor entrance. 

284C95F5-06D7-4D24-B784-CC77C3E2E23E.jpeg

8FAE57C4-B0DA-48B9-ABCC-306E0A8F76B0.jpeg

08F2CA84-0B4D-4494-BB87-7F1DCE1B07FD.jpeg

F3568168-008A-4535-B624-AB3ECBA7D06A.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ksarul said:

Have much fun--and I wish I was there now too--but the folks installing the new windows in my house won't be done with all of the final clean-up work for a few days yet.

Ugh.  My new Windows installation requires updates all the time.  I hope your installations go better.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

I’m moving stuff in now. I got stuck at work. 

I turned on Zoom!

Join here! (my personal meeting room url, but you might have seen a post with a different one)

Use this:

https://zoom.us/j/3648432953

We are going to be vacuuming again and unpacking. 

My web browser just broadcasted a cassette program onto Zoom. Funny.

• Like 1

I just got in and checked into the hotel.  I am repacking my bag to head up that way.  Should only be about 20 minutes away so I will be there in, say, 30 minutes.  Just in time to say howdy and head to dinner.  I am bringing a new toy, semi-related to the 99/4A bearing the handiwork of one of our own.

back from the ATX. really had a good time. thanks to farmer potato for hosting it. Meet some really smart people, fr smarter than I in everything TI. i'll post some pics soon.

ps

reminder: for all who was in attendance who live in the central TX area, don't forget my non-profit needs old computers, monitors, keyboards, etc... PM for my email, if you don't have it, and would like to donate.

Edited by hloberg
added

It was great to meet everyone and finally put some faces with some names.

the people that attended this morning and noticed my OoeyGUI did not demo as expected.  Typical demo day.

I did figure the 2 reasons (yes 2) that was causing the issues.

#1 - i had a wrong directory in my XML file.

#2 - The ROMS for the TI-99/4A systems were out of date.

This issue will usually show errors when trying to start systems with out of date ROMs as follows:

994a_rom_hb.u610 NOT FOUND (tried in ti99_4a ti99_4a)
994a_rom_lb.u611 NOT FOUND (tried in ti99_4a ti99_4a)
994a_grom0.u500 NOT FOUND (tried in ti99_4a ti99_4a)
994a_grom1.u501 NOT FOUND (tried in ti99_4a ti99_4a)
994a_grom2.u502 NOT FOUND (tried in ti99_4a ti99_4a)

I will update the docs.  Please be sure that when using new versions of MAME to be sure to download the ti99_complete.zip from the ftp.whtech.com site under the /System ROMs/MAME directory.  Unzip the file to the /roms directory under your MAME directory.

Edited by Shift838

10 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

We are at dinner. Maybe somebody shutoff the Zoom before we went out. We’ll be back shortly. 

Suddenly a couple names flashed across the screen, ending with mine ...and I became HOST!? I thought, maybe someone/something goofed... I chose restart meeting ...to no avail. That left "end meeting" or "leave meeting"

...so I left.

hahost.thumb.JPG.9ab98c1f8f569d5cc43553ae7dd6e603.JPG

I didn't think we were coming back. I got distracted watching the news... Peter Jennings put me to sleep.

Firefox gave me a blackscreen. Eventually I figured out to install Chrome. By then I had missed most of the show! The meet looked/sounded like fun... but I missed most of it!

Anyway to get a REPLAY?:arrow: