1 hour ago, The Usotsuki said:

For what it's worth, Arkanoid 2 is one of my favorite games.  That, though, would be a little trickier to implement... 😜

I found a cool way to rack up points on a particular screen in this game.  On this board in the arcade:

image.png.2f1f41d00265fc8decc38ba079718012.png

(You get there by exiting right on level 4)

You have the 'bouncy ball' enemies which do not get destroyed but you still get 100 points by hitting them.  In this game if you get a 'D' pill, a ball regenerates if you lose one of the three.  So if you are lucky enough to get a 'D' pill, knock it up top and quickly lose the other two balls.  The three balls at the top will keep hitting the 'bouncy' enemies and get 100 points each time.  If your ball comes down, let it go past you (obviously as long as it isn't your last one).  The ball at the top will regenerate and keep getting points.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

I found a cool way to rack up points on a particular screen in this game.  On this board in the arcade:

You have the 'bouncy ball' enemies which do not get destroyed but you still get 100 points by hitting them.  In this game if you get a 'D' pill, a ball regenerates if you lose one of the three.  So if you are lucky enough to get a 'D' pill, knock it up top and quickly lose the other two balls.  The three balls at the top will keep hitting the 'bouncy' enemies and get 100 points each time.  If your ball comes down, let it go past you (obviously as long as it isn't your last one).  The ball at the top will regenerate and keep getting points.

Thats some hard-core playing there Bob!

@Trebor thanks for your emulator suggestions😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

Saterranoid 5.  As a kid I always called it The Fingers.  (I called the enemies "Jellyballs".  Also, it's the N that gives you 3 regenerating balls; D gives you 8 balls that don't regenerate.)

thefingers.png

6 hours ago, The Usotsuki said:

Saterranoid 5.  As a kid I always called it The Fingers.  (I called the enemies "Jellyballs".  Also, it's the N that gives you 3 regenerating balls; D gives you 8 balls that don't regenerate.)

thefingers.png

Ah - thank you; it's been a while since I've played...  I've forgotten that it was the "N", not the "D" in this one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 4:02 AM, Atariboy2600 said:

Hope theres more info news on this game.

I hope too soon! I have some theories around rendering I need to try out.  Will take a look once I get back from PRGE.  I know i'm being picky about the ball movement/collision but it's the core component of the game too!  Also the floaties are still to be added.

• Like 9

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks! Yes I would love to get back to this eventually.  Got some ideas about speeding up the rendering so hopefully one day!

• Like 11

• 3 months later...