IGNORED

ColecoVision Console Box Protectors For Sale

Starwander

3 minutes ago, phattyboombatty said:

Are these still available? I would love a console-sized box for my ColecoVision. I have recently come to the realization that I should be better protecting my collectibles. I recently purchased 300 cartridge box protectors and I’m loving them!

Yep!

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/

• Thanks 1

I dont think anybody has made 7800 console box protectors. I know there are at least 2 different versions. I cant remember if they are the same size or if there are any other box variations.

I know another 1 i would love is a protector for the vectrex 3d imager.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stupus said:

Thats awesome if you do a super sketch! I could use 2! And of course the others too! Roller controller protector too would complete the coleco hardware.

Sounds great, will let you know when the Super Sketch box protectors are made. Yes roller control protectors should be possible once I find a high quality model. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phattyboombatty said:

I am enjoying shopping on Hoskinson Industries site. I couldn’t help but notice the 7800 section with its awesome cartridge shells. I don’t mean to derail from all things ColecoVision, but have you/they considered making a box protector for the original 7800? Anyone know?

Thank you for the kind words. Yes an Atari 7800 Console Box protector should be possible once I find a good modeling copy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stupus said:

I dont think anybody has made 7800 console box protectors. I know there are at least 2 different versions. I cant remember if they are the same size or if there are any other box variations.

I know another 1 i would love is a protector for the vectrex 3d imager.

It would be possible however they would have to be fairly expensive as the Vectrex 3D imagers are fairly rare and I would only sell a few. Would you pay $100 for one?

42 minutes ago, Starwander said:

Sounds great, will let you know when the Super Sketch box protectors are made. Yes roller control protectors should be possible once I find a high quality model. 

I've got a sealed Super Sketch ready to model the new protector for you on your web site! It's in better condition than my ColecoVision box picture your currently using.

I'm happy the Roller Controller box was mentioned.... dunno how I forgot to bring that up.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Starwander said:

Thank you for the kind words. Yes an Atari 7800 Console Box protector should be possible once I find a good modeling copy. 

Cool, we should verify if there are different sizes or if there are just 2 types that are the same. I can try and dig my 2 out.

52 minutes ago, Starwander said:

It would be possible however they would have to be fairly expensive as the Vectrex 3D imagers are fairly rare and I would only sell a few. Would you pay $100 for one?

Yeah i know there are not tons out there. I could give you exact specs on mine as you probably wouldnt want to buy a boxed 1 to model from.

I could make an interest post in the vectrex facebook fanpage to get a rough idea on how many people might buy. Thats probably the busiest vectrex area.

I would just need 1...1 could maybe justify $50-60 for 1 if they had to be that high...but more than that it gets hard to justify.

How many would you need to sell to get them in the $30-40 range a piece?

15 hours ago, stupus said:

Cool, we should verify if there are different sizes or if there are just 2 types that are the same. I can try and dig my 2 out.

Yeah i know there are not tons out there. I could give you exact specs on mine as you probably wouldnt want to buy a boxed 1 to model from.

I could make an interest post in the vectrex facebook fanpage to get a rough idea on how many people might buy. Thats probably the busiest vectrex area.

I would just need 1...1 could maybe justify $50-60 for 1 if they had to be that high...but more than that it gets hard to justify.

How many would you need to sell to get them in the $30-40 range a piece?

Well I would probably need to sell 20 of them to break even maybe for the Vectrex viewer even at $40.00 and I doubt there are that many out there? 

15 hours ago, Jaymiester said:

I've got a sealed Super Sketch ready to model the new protector for you on your web site! It's in better condition than my ColecoVision box picture your currently using.

I'm happy the Roller Controller box was mentioned.... dunno how I forgot to bring that up.

I just bought a copy of Super Sketch actually; however really appreciate the offer. 

3 hours ago, Starwander said:

Well I would probably need to sell 20 of them to break even maybe for the Vectrex viewer even at $40.00 and I doubt there are that many out there? 

Im sure there are more than 20 out there. But if 20 or more people want 1 thats hard to say without asking. I would be happy to collect a list of people that want 1 if you think getting 20 preorders or more could get them made?

3 hours ago, Starwander said:

I just bought a copy of Super Sketch actually; however really appreciate the offer. 

Did you get 1 for colecovision specifically? I think they made them for 4-5 different systems but i believe they all use the exact same box size.

6 hours ago, stupus said:

Im sure there are more than 20 out there. But if 20 or more people want 1 thats hard to say without asking. I would be happy to collect a list of people that want 1 if you think getting 20 preorders or more could get them made?

Did you get 1 for colecovision specifically? I think they made them for 4-5 different systems but i believe they all use the exact same box size.

Yes an interest list would be very helpful. 

I got a sample copy for the Commodore as it was the only one I could find that was in good shape. 

Just now, Starwander said:

Yes an interest list would be very helpful. 

I got a sample copy for the Commodore as it was the only one I could find that was in good shape. 

Cool, i will start a couple and see if we can get enough interest to do it.

The commodore one is definitely the same size. Im almost positive they all use the same box with just a sticker added to designate what system its for. ;)

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2020 at 2:16 PM, Starwander said:

You are welcome! I am super happy with my ColecoVision box protector. It fits perfectly snug! Now my CV display unit looks shiny and it's well-protected.

The 7800 shells are AMAZING! I ordered 1 each of the red, green, and blue. And the major bonus is, they fit my 7800 Double Dragon/Rampage PCB PERFECTLY (made by Panos Santos in 2015). I will cross-post in the 7800 forum.

7 hours ago, phattyboombatty said:

You are welcome! I am super happy with my ColecoVision box protector. It fits perfectly snug! Now my CV display unit looks shiny and it's well-protected.

The 7800 shells are AMAZING! I ordered 1 each of the red, green, and blue. And the major bonus is, they fit my 7800 Double Dragon/Rampage PCB PERFECTLY (made by Panos Santos in 2015). I will cross-post in the 7800 forum.

Thank you for the feedback. I am really glad you were willing to try out the shells.