IGNORED

I'm addicted to Realsports Volleyball!

King Atari

And I actually became addicted while playing it on the Jakks controller! I instantly went out and bought it at the used games shop (for $2.50). Very fun li'l game. The graphics aren't astounding, but they do their job well enough. The game is colorful, and the gameplay is pretty good. Kind of like King's of the Beach for the 2600.

Anyone else find this game incredibly addicting?

Hehe...I will admit and fess up that RS VB is the ONLY real 2600 sports title that I really enjoy playing. I never lose against the computer now. I do in fact have this cart with Mr. Polaro's signature on it.

PS. You guys actually had a game last long enough to see the shark? Mr. Polaro explained to me that the Shark is an easter egg in the game. I don't think it is triggered by any special things...you just basically keep the game running until it really dark and you will see a Fin every now and then pop up...hehe Good stuff...

8)

I dunno about that. Id say it is BY FAR a strong second. By for me, Real Sports Tennis on the 2600 is STILL the best tennis game I've ever played, and my favorite 2600 sports game. RSVB is -EASILY- the second best 2600 sports game, though, I agree, and a real unsung hero of 2600 games in general. Great look and play. I'd love to have a signed copy :-)

for me, Real Sports Tennis on the 2600 is STILL the best tennis game I've ever played, and my favorite 2600 sports game.

Ugh... You must be 100x better than me at it then. I spend the whole game volleying against the computer and can never score a point.

If you think RS Tennis is the best, you need to try Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast.

for me, Real Sports Tennis on the 2600 is STILL the best tennis game I've ever played, and my favorite 2600 sports game.

Ugh... You must be 100x better than me at it then. I spend the whole game volleying against the computer and can never score a point.

If you think RS Tennis is the best, you need to try Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast.

I own VT & Tennis 2K2. well certainley pretty, they dont hold a candle to 26kRST. They are -EASILY- the next best tennis games to 26kRST tho :-)

and, yes, it's not really enjoyable if you are not fast enough.

1982: I learn of a volleyball game coming out for Atari ... I instantly start saving up my allowance, though in real life I have no interest in the sport whatsoever ... I buy it, and love it! Great game, and I still play it on the 26 itself, Stella, etc.

A great acheivement of playability, probably the coolest of the RS series, and certainly unique in the 2600 catalog ...

It's kinda like an octogon ball, aint it?

Ron

Archived