IGNORED

my latest 5200/7800 cart snag

Shannon

I was just wandering in the local video store just to "look around"... well we all know how well that goes. They had their 2600/5200/7800 cart section loaded up with new 5200/7800 carts, all loose, no manuals or overlays. All a buck a piece. Here is what I got.

Drum roll please... 5200 titles.

Wizard of Wor... Probably the best score cause it has a rarity of 3. Although the label is fairly worn.

Popeye.... Second biggest score. OK.. so it's only a rarity 2, but for me any 5200 cart is a big find. The label is practically falling off. Any tips on patching it up? It's sure to fall off eventually.

The rest are commons.... Kangaroo, Football, Jungle Hunt, Galaxian, and a dup dig dug that I accidently picked up (was not sure if I already had it).

7800 titles.. all loose

Ball blazer with red end label (rarity 5 woohoo!!)

Food Fight, Crossbow, Dark Chambers, Hat Trick, Jinks, Joust, Robotron 2084, Tower Toppler

I noticed a few of the 7800 cartridges have the label "super game cartridge" in the upper right hand corner. Was this supposed to signify anything?

I also picked up Circus Atari for the 2600 loose. I figured what the heck. I have paddles so I've been picking up paddle games as I see them. I really need to make a list of the 2600 carts they have. There have quite a few with of course alot of combat carts.

Also picked up a kid's controller (boxed) and with a warranty card. Not sure if this thing came with instructions. The box is kinda banged up. I really doubt I'll ever make use of the thing. I read that the kid's games were kinda lame anyways. But I figured it might make good trade bait.

Guess I shoulda got some type of kid's game to test it with. Anyone know

if there is a way I can check this thing without a kid's game?

I even got an N64 carrying bag for $6 bucks. I'm always looking for carrying cases/bags for my systems cause it helps protect them as well as accomodating for accessories, etc.

Other goodies I saw... At the thrift an atari 2600 (looked like a common) with a couple joysticks and either 1 or 2 sets of paddle. The console was marked as $12.. not sure if that included the controllers.

Got a question about combat carts when I was perusing the place I got these fine atari games from I noticed several 2600 games missing the end label. So I looked at them out of curiosity to see what they were. The were all combat carts, text label. Was that typical for the combat cart to not have an end label, or were they maybe faded off from wear?

hey, good score!!! I wish I could find carts for a buck a piece around where I live ( northern, IL). You can test the kid's controller out on any game that uses a keypad or number pad. They all have the same function. Later...

The glue that holds end lables onto games wasn't very good. As a result, Atari carts can loose the end lable pretty easil.

Great find man, we don't have any place around here to pick up games, much less older games.

As far as "Super GameCart" on some games, I believe that's supposed to signify that it's greater than 32k or something. I could be wrong about this, but seeing that 7800 released with small games over all, it seems only logical.

Archived