IGNORED

Trak ball variations??

Mr.FoodMonster

I have seen 2 different kinds of trak ball types on ebay and had a question about them. one had a whiteish colored ball and buttons on either side, and the other has a black ball and aprently no buttons at all. i have no idea about these and i could be wrong but i want to know what one i should buy? i was obviously thinking of the ones with buttons, but im just not sure, any help is apreciated =D

The buttons are just big and triangular on the black-balled trak-ball... they might not be as obvious, but they're there.

Both versions also have the TB/JS switch. They are functionally identical.

I haven't used any of my Atari trak-balls enough to know if one wears or plays better than the other... once you go Wico, you'll never go back.

Yes, there are two Atari company trac-balls for the 2600, ( but there is one other from Wico I think) and I have them both in there boxes. One has round buttons, where the other has tri-angle shaped buttons and they both play the same. I guess the one with the round buttons came out first, but the one with the tri-angles was easier to use.

:ponder: :) :)

Archived