IGNORED

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (New Game Plus Problems)

I bought The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for around 19 bucks and got the season pass for around 9 bucks.

I never was a fan of boss fights. The pattern of "whack with sword, run away, repeat" is not my idea of fun, but there are other things to do, so the annoyance was worth it.

After finishing it, I started a new game, since I didn't do a lot of the side quests, but I chose to keep all of my stuff. Now every enemy is a billion times harder to kill on the easiest setting. Remember those things that look like a rip off of the Creature from the Black Lagoon that you could basically cut in half with one whack? Now a hit with a sword that is so powerful that it could kill God doesn't make a dent.

Plopping down a Yrden Magic Trap during my first game would zap enemies with powerful lightning strikes that would take nice chunks out of their health, but now those lightning strikes do no damage or sometimes will cause only one point of damage.

I went Googling to see why it's so darn hard and every forum I can find has people making fun of those who also wondered the same thing. They claim that the game is too easy and that they play on the hardest setting. Are they really saying that it's perfectly normal to spend over an hour trying to kill just one of those Black Lagoon things on the easiest setting? I was just trying to kill 5 or 6 of them at the same time and it was impossible. I maxed out Quen to see if that would help and those Black Lagoon rip-offs kill me with a couple of swipes as if I had no protection.

I uninstalled and reinstalled in case there was some kind of bug, but those watery A-holes still have the power of 2,000 gods. If this really is how the easiest setting is supposed to be, the government needs to recruit the guys playing on the hardest level.

[As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.]

I've never played the game, but by keeping your stuff from your last game it sounds like you were put into a "hard mode", no matter what you set.  Does the game scale the difficulty as you progress or is the difficulty different where you travel?

What you're going through sounds like you have to be ultra strategic to maybe, just may-be survive.  You might have to wipe your saves (in case the game didn't on uninstall-if on Steam, do you have to wipe your saves there as well?) to get back to "normal".

Edited by Gamemoose
  • Like 1

Maybe you needed to do those side quests the first go round to be leveled up enough to stand a chance in a overpower game.

Just a guess though, I have this game, but only played it about 20 minutes. From what I remember it was pretty cool though.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. After looking at the quest list, it looks like I had to be something like 20 levels higher to kill those creatures, even though you can normally cut them in half without blinking. After running around the wilderness for a while, some other creatures weren't as hard to kill, so you have to pay close attention to the level number listed on each quest.

In this game, a level 54 newborn puppy would eat your liver if you are at level 32. What it is doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is its level.

On 7/27/2019 at 2:22 AM, Random Terrain said:

Thanks for the replies. After looking at the quest list, it looks like I had to be something like 20 levels higher to kill those creatures, even though you can normally cut them in half without blinking. After running around the wilderness for a while, some other creatures weren't as hard to kill, so you have to pay close attention to the level number listed on each quest.

In this game, a level 54 newborn puppy would eat your liver if you are at level 32. What it is doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is its level.

Ah, yes, that's for certain.  Even in the first run, anything more than a few levels above you is a tough fight. More than 10 is next to impossible.