IGNORED

printing 'hunt the wumpus' manual

hloberg

I'm needing a 'Hunt the Wumpus' manual and I'm not willing to pay the $20 that it's going for on eBay. So I'm going to print my own. I have a good quality photo color printer but can't find a paper that looks right when printing manuals. Any one printed a TI manual that looked fairly close to real? What paper did you use. Standard copier paper looks like crap, too course.

6 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

Me too if you want something else at arcadeshopper.com I'll throw in a wumpus manual free

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

after the ATX festival and we verify I can get this beige TI-99/4a keyboard working I'll be ordering a memory board. If Farmer Potato doesn't have a copy I'll get it from you then.

and thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

I have a big pile of manuals. There is probably a Hunt the Wumpus (old style) I can give you.

if you have a copy bring it to the ATX. thanks. If you don't have a copy, I can get it from arcadeshopper when I order a memory board from them next month.

again, big thanks.

another question @arcadeshopper or @FarmerPotato how rare are beige Muchman? I have been trying to find one on ebay for a few months and only 1 has come up. by the time I got around to bid it was gone. Since I got the beige TI-99/4a I am collecting beige cartridges. I know, there aren't many beige carts, but there is only just 1/2 dozen carts I want anyway. I have manage to get everyone in beige except munchman. I have thought about just buying a cheap beige math cart (usually get those for a few bucks) and transferring the contents of a black muchman to that beige cart and create a new label. thats my fallback.

another question [mention=25598]arcadeshopper[/mention] or [mention=38950]FarmerPotato[/mention] how rare are beige Muchman? I have been trying to find one on ebay for a few months and only 1 has come up. by the time I got around to bid it was gone. Since I got the beige TI-99/4a I am collecting beige cartridges. I know, there aren't many beige carts, but there is only just 1/2 dozen carts I want anyway. I have manage to get everyone in beige except munchman. I have thought about just buying a cheap beige math cart (usually get those for a few bucks) and transferring the contents of a black muchman to that beige cart and create a new label. thats my fallback.
I don't think they exist in beige.. mm is phm3057 so very early and they made a bunch it seems. I have a ton of them all black

10 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

I don't think they exist in beige.. mm is phm3057 so very early and they made a bunch it seems. I have a ton of them all black

Yahoo! I just found another one posted! scooped this one up for sure. it was a little pricey but that finishes my beige collection for now. it might even be the same guy, looks like it. he may just unposted it then reposted it. so, yes, they do exist but are very rare for some reason. I was able to find a beige BLASTO before I found a beige MUNCHMAN. it looks like most of the games have been released in beige, just some more rare then others.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, --- Ω --- said:

Is there a GOOD quality PDF of this manual floating around anywhere?

Using some cardstock for the cover and 24# bright white paper should make for a presentable manual.

I got a good .pdf of most of the manuals.

Cardstock for the cover & 24# bright white. sounds good. it looks like i can get a wumpus but going forward as I collect more beige carts some I wont be able to easily get a manual so this is good info, also for others who might be thinking the same. thx. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hloberg said:

I got a good .pdf of most of the manuals.

Cardstock for the cover & 24# bright white. sounds good. it looks like i can get a wumpus but going forward as I collect more beige carts some I wont be able to easily get a manual so this is good info, also for others who might be thinking the same. thx. 

Send over a copy of the PDF and I'll print one up as an example and take a couple of pictures.  I have the day off and a couple of hours to burn until the batteries for the weed eater and blower recharge.

4 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

Thanks, but can use it.  ?

I use a program called PDFBooklet to print manuals. it splits, shrinks and formats the files and puts it in booklet format. its really complex to get to use but works great after you figure it out.

i might just take a stab at it. I found some shiny stock stuffed away might work for cover.