IGNORED

Anything *

Joe C.

When I play, I play with my cousin and two cpu opponents. We usually work against each other. It's every man for himself. Always love hearing about peoples views on M.U.L.E. If you're ever in the Bay Area let me know and we'll play a friendly game sometime. 8)

im that cousin he keeps talking about. we havent played in years but we are very close to gettin it all hooked up again, thats why we're trying to extract as much info as possible. i was young when we used to play back in the day and i never had a general strategy. gonna be a little different this time around. i predict domination by the green spheriod.

i had never thought of releasing mules as a strategy for winning. im always (in the past anyway) trying to produce as much as possible of whatever it is ive decided to produce in that game. In our games, my cousin and i always try to produce a lot of crystite but the computer always always always produces smithore, crystite not as often. So there are very rarely mule shortages. with that in mind, is there any advantage for us two humans to produce smithore, or to release mules for that matter?

In short, it usually isn't advantageous for you to mine your own Smithore.

With two computer players you will almost never corner the Smithore market. That said, buy as many units (up to 50, the rest will spoil) at any amount under $50 you can... it sometimes will go from $36-$43. If the store has a fire, you can sell even at $50 and make a few bucks. Or just keep it to add to your "Goods" total. Use the fact that the computer will sell at ANY price if he has less than $1000 to your benefit!

Or, more deviously, if you load up on Smithore then cut the computer players off by not selling them any energy for a round or two (so their plots of land sit idle, provided they aren't making enough energy themselves) and then release all the MULEs, you could drive the price up nicely. But if they get energy somehow, that could backfire. And if the store has much Smithore in stock (2 units=1 MULE), this could be very expensive.

Archived