IGNORED

Skeleton+ Not Working on Harmony Encore

Skippy B. Coyote

Hey there guys and gals! Up until today I've never had a single problem with any game on my Harmony Encore, everything from Pitfall II to any homebrew I've thrown at it has played perfectly, but I decided to try out Skeleton+ today (the rom was downloaded from the official AtariAge page here: https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=2381) and my Harmony Encore seems to be having a problem with it. I can hear the sound from the game just fine, but the picture is nothing but a black screen. 

Has anyone else had issues running Skeleton+ on their Harmony Encore cart or is there just something goofy going on with my particular Harmony cart? 

27 minutes ago, Jin said:

Hey there guys and gals! Up until today I've never had a single problem with any game on my Harmony Encore, everything from Pitfall II to any homebrew I've thrown at it has played perfectly, but I decided to try out Skeleton+ today (the rom was downloaded from the official AtariAge page here: https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=2381) and my Harmony Encore seems to be having a problem with it. I can hear the sound from the game just fine, but the picture is nothing but a black screen. 

Has anyone else had issues running Skeleton+ on their Harmony Encore cart or is there just something goofy going on with my particular Harmony cart? 

@Jin Well what do you know...it fails on my Encore too.  Same result. just a black screen.  However, it works just fine on my UnoCart.  Have to admit that I never tried the ROM before, as I have a copy of the cart.  This was an early purchase of mine from the AA Store.

Skeleton Plus.jpg

6 hours ago, RevEng said:

Does the attached one work? I noticed the game doesn't seem to hit vblank, and I'm guessing harmony happens to leave this register set.

SkelPlus-harmonyfix.bin 4 kB · 2 downloads

6 hours ago, SS said:

There is a patched version of Skeleton+ that Thomas Jentzsch did a few years ago that will work on the Harmony.

Skeleton Plus (FIXED).bin 4 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you so much guys! The fixed versions work perfectly and it's great finally getting to play this game on real hardware. I had played it on the Activision Anthology collection for the Game Boy Advance before but had never tried it on the big screen. I'm definitely going to have to add a copy of Skeleton+ to my cart the next time I make an AtariAge Store purchase. :)