IGNORED

Schematic/PCB layout for PONG?

sebastius

For my father's birthday next year i've got an ambitious project (he's going to be 50, so i want something special).

I want to make him a Pong cabinet with an as close to original pcb in it.

Since Pong PCB's are nowhere to be found or waaaay to expensive (i'm sure as hell not paying 200 dollars for a non working pcb with trace damage and broken components), i'm looking for a high res schematic and/or a PCB layout. I've already found a schematic but it's just too low res to make anything from it.

Anything, from a partslist to a schematic and a pcb layout (holy grail ;) ) would be greatly apreciated.

i'm looking for a high res schematic and/or a PCB layout. I've already found a schematic but it's just too low res to make anything from it.

Anything, from a partslist to a schematic and a pcb layout (holy grail ;) ) would be greatly apreciated.

Have you seen the one here?:

http://www.spies.com/~arcade/schematics/

Yeah, that one is just a little too low res to be fairly usable... Remember, those schematics used to be printed on HUGE sheets too look it all up. The compression used is just a little too high.

Funny, thats also one of the projects i was thinking about to approach. Perhaps my commented PONG schematics, which divides the circuits in functional blocks may help you debugging the thing, when you start to build it.

Btw, if you REALLY love your father ;), i would try to wirewrap the 66 TTL ICs...

Btw, the impossible to find 9316 chips on the board are dtandard 74161 chips, which should be easy to obtain.

pong.zip

Funny, thats also one of the projects i was thinking about to approach. Perhaps my commented PONG schematics, which divides the circuits in functional blocks may help you debugging the thing, when you start to build it.  

Btw, if you REALLY love your father ;), i would try to wirewrap the 66 TTL ICs...

Btw, the impossible to find 9316 chips on the board are dtandard 74161 chips, which should be easy to obtain.

The electronics store nearby has LOADS of old stuff, so maybe they still have those 9316's (they also have old nixie tubes, and those somewhat hard to get 2114 memory chips).

Thanks for the commented schematic, and no i'm not going to wirewrap that critter. I have nearly a whole year to design a pcb, so that's what i'm going to do.

BTW, what type of TV was used? Is it NTSC or PAL? Is there any info on the cabinet itself?

Archived