IGNORED

For Sale: Real Wood Atari 2600 cover plate

gregnh

Here is an Atari 2600 cover plate that I laminated with heat-applied wood venir. It is real wood laminate with the atari logo silk screened directly onto the wood, then sprayed over w/ polyeurathane. The story behind it is too large for the scope of this post, so I will condense it. My buddy Matt was visiting from South Africa, (he now is in Seattle), and told me to take the Atari (the one we would play as kids) in the "camp". The camp was basically a shed with a loft in it, the Atari was up top. So my and my kid went over and got it, only to find it had literally been chewed on by squirrels. Yup. So this 2600 was sentimental to me so I decided to restore it. It was the edge with the fake wood that had like a 5 inch chew right down it. So I went right on ebay and bought like 3 cover plates. But in the end I decided to restore the original one with real wood. So I did, it came out awesome, i use it all the time. But then I had this leftover cover plate kicking around my screen print shop that I didnt want to throw into the landfill. It was Atari, and it was important. So, after about a year and a half of trying to re-flip it on ebay, I was watching my 1 year old playing with some of the wood lam from the 1st project and I had the same bright idea. and I gotta admit it came out awesome. The reason why the logo is red is because i didnt have any silver metallic. Its stain is Minwax golden oak. I would like $60 for it shipped. If you are interested in it please let me know. the wood paneling does add a bit extra, not quite a 1/16, so you kinda have to "shoehorn it in", but it is totally do-able. there is also a small ding in the plastic on the top left corner where the bezel goes, i tried to photograph it. I realize my posts here are like nil, im more of a fan here then an active participant, so please check my ebay feedback, gstgelais, if you are at all concerned im legit. thanks greg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

• Like 2