IGNORED

Koffi: Yellow Kopter update

Cafeman

http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200d...offiKopter.html

The Philly Classic is closing in and I've been trying to get some stuff done on this game! Check out the site for the latest progress and updates; the game is starting to get more fun IMHO, though Pyro is still in 'dumb' mode permanently until I can iron-out his A.I. better.

This is probably the last demo I'll post using this color scheme, which looks great on VSS but a bit odd on Atari800win and the actual 5200. I'll probably post one more demo before the game is finalized and made into carts.

Anyway, I suppose there are 2 things I'm most satisfied with in this latest version of Koffi -- first, the animals (well, there is only a monkey at this point) can now be 3-colors instead of 1-color -- this took more work to 'fool the machine' and coordinate the sprite usage than I care to admit!

The other thing is the new lightning which stretches across the screen -- I really like the effect, and I hope to produce a similar effect on the first "Shazam!" kind of lightning too.

Back to the keyboard and monitor I go ... Philly is only a week away and there's lots I want to accomplish by then!

(_)3 Caféman

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, you can download the version of Koffi I had at the Philly Classic at the link above.

The real reason I posted a response to this thread: I need about 2 more testers for Koffi. The game's coding will be finished this month, I predict. I need 2 more 3rd party folks to test the near-finished versions.

If anyone out there can actually burn their own ROMs and play Koffi on their own 5200, that would be the best.

But if not, you could use VSS or Atari800win and just let me know which emu you are using. I'd like to get people who will play the game while still incomplete and try to see how far they can get, inform me of any glitches (or heaven forbid, CRASHES! GULP!) that are evident.

If you are interested, contact me at Cafegarcon@msn.com

BTW, the Philly Classic Koffi Rom that you can download will probably be the last ROM I put up until the game is finished. At that time, I'll contact those who preordered the game, and I'll post a 2-stage demo with the final gameplay, visuals and sounds at the link above. Thanks for reading!

(_)3

If you check this very forum, a short while ago I asked for Preorders. If you want one, follow the instructions there -- basically just email me with "Koffi preorder" in the header.

I'll be contacting all the preorder folks when the game is almost ready. If they still want the game, they will need to send the payment then.

(_)3

quote:

Originally posted by Cafeman:

If I don't sell off all my Koffi's, I'll make a quick call to one of the CGE guys to see if they'll sell the surplus there for me.

We will have a booth at CGE and would be happy to sell any of your surplus there.

..Al

Okay! I got me two more testers, both of whom can test it on their 5200's! Thanks!

Albert, you got it. If I have any left over I'll be talking to you in July, before the show. Assuming all the preorder people will indeed buy one though, I'm only making about 100 or so, so any leftovers shouldn't amount to more than 20 or 30 at most. FYI!

I just noticed that two of you stated you didn't notice my 'preorder' post.

It is still on this forum somewhere. I didn't ask for any cash, I just asked for those who are VERY sure they'll want one to email me at Cafegarcon@msn.com with the words "koffi preorder" in the header.

After seeing my number of preorders, I decided to make about 100 Koffi's. The pre-order folks will get first chance at these Koffi games and if there are any left over I'll sell them to whomever wants 'em or send them to Albert so he can sell them off at the CGE this summer.

--------------------------

Concerning the Koffi Box: I will finish the coding and buy the stuff to begin building the carts. I will then email all the preorder folks to ask if they want the standard Koffi package (cart, label, manual) at $x.xx or the deluxe, limited Koffi package (car, label, manual, and box) at $y.yy.

I'll wait for a week and then I'll know the interest in how many want the boxed version at the higher cost, then I'll put my order in to the manufacturer. The deluxe package will probably take an extra week or two to get sent then.

I am still investigating which box option is best for me.

I kind of hate to talk dollars here so don't misunderstand it when I do -- this isn't a "Cafeman business" and I have to put up significant funds up-front to build these things, much like all the other homebrewers do.