IGNORED

a classic eprom question

christianscott

since we just cant stop talking about eprom burners, device programmers etc...

this was mentioned in one of the other threads, using C64, Apple II and atari 8 bit eprom burners. google hasnt really given me what i wanted in terms of info so i'm asking you, the experts. where can i find out about classic computer eprom burners? i'm really liking the idea of making classic games on a classic computer so where can i find a list of models to hunt on ebay etc.

thanks

since we just cant stop talking about eprom burners, device programmers etc...

this was mentioned in one of the other threads, using C64, Apple II and atari 8 bit eprom burners. google hasnt really given me what i wanted in terms of info so i'm asking you, the experts. where can i find out about classic computer eprom burners? i'm really liking the idea of making classic games on a classic computer so where can i find a list of models to hunt on ebay etc.

thanks

I know at least of the following (German) Eprommers for C64:

Rossmöller Vesuv64, Dela, Dela II, Rex Datentechnik Goliath, Rex Datentechnik Micro Maxi, Rex Datentechnik Micro Maxi II, and the "Tiny Eprommer" published in the 64er magazine. The "Tiny" does only 2764 and up though, no 2716 or 2732 as far as I remember.

At least one American C64 Eprommer was also made.

If you feel adventurous here is how to build your own "tiny eprommer" from Radio Shack (or similar) parts only:

http://home.t-online.de/home/Birger.Hahn/i...rommer_tiny.htm

Well it is in German (the 80s hacker language...) but luckily schematics are international.

I have a Promenade C1 programmer for my C-64/128. :)

It was just sitting in a box with a C-128D, 3 1541's drives, a joystick, and some other loose crap that I don't remember. Paid like $15 bucks for it all. :D

"Hey, Ms. Pac-Man! Why so glum? I thought you and that high school stud you've been hanging with were really hitting it off."

"A high school stud?! Hardly. He turned out to be an Atari geek with a 6502 fetish. He asked me if I'd show him my naughty bits."

"Oh my god! What did you tell him?"

"I told him he could byte me, so the jerk dumped me at the EPROM."

Whoops! Sorry, wrong thread.

Ben

Archived