IGNORED

Anyone interested in an STe system?

Mendon

Is there anyone in the Tampa Florida area that is interested in an Atari STe system. This would include:

4meg STe w/mouse

1435 Monitor

Megafile 30 Hard Disk

Super Charger

A LOT of boxed complete games, many of them rare, many of them new.

Quite a few boxed complete utilities, many of them new.

Several hundred disks of PD/Shareware programs;

Supra 9600 Baud Modem NEW

and other various ST/Falcon accessories (speakers, CD Drive, etc).

It would take me quite some time to inventory and list everything here; the PD/Shareware disks are just too numerous to even begin thinking about listing. And there's even some... ahem... commercial program backup's in there.

Reason I ask about you being in the Tampa area is that I would not begin to package everything up for shipping; you would have to pick it up as there is just tooooooo much of it. Interested parties could come over and see everything and make an offer.

I would only sell it as a package deal; I will not sell individual items. And I don't even have a real good price in mind; I just figure if a Jag system can garner $600+ here on AA, then this outfit has got to be worth something.

If you are interested, send me a PM.

Thanks

Mendon

Too bad I'm in Michigan...

Too bad I didn't think about possibly selling this sooner; I was just in Michigan for 5 days last month and could have brought it with me :D

Lived all my life in Michigan up until 5yrs ago when I moved to Florida to take care of my folks. I come back each year to visit friends, hit Cedar Point, munch some island Fudge, and run the dunes. I miss the Great Lake State and hopefully can move back one day.

GO GREEN GO WHITE

Mendon

GO GREEN GO WHITE

Indeed! :D

Funny thing about me and the ST line. I tried to use one (both a TT030 and a 520ST) and I found myself hating them! GEM is nasty and clunky looking, I didn't understand the file extensions, and I had a hard time navigating. I really wanted to love the ST, but I just couldn't. Maybe a decent setup wold change my mind (the 520 is too underpowered, and the TT is too quirky)?

Tempest

I have the ST, Falcon, and TT and find them all great computers. Each has their own strength's and weakness's depending on what you wanted to do with each. I know you had some prob's with your TT and its hard drive and it may have influenced your opinion of them dramatically. But I've never experienced anything like the prob's you had with any of my systems. Lemme tell ya a short story:

A couple years ago, my wife went out and bought an external Iomega drive for her PC while I was out of town. She needed it, didn't know how to install an internal one, and the salesman said it was easy as anything to set up. 5 hours later she still couldn't get her PC to recognize that the drive existed. I came home, dug it out of the garbage, played with it some and I couldn't get the PC to recognize it either. I took it in, hooked it up to my ST, loaded up ICD and BINGO, it said I had a brand new drive hooked up and did I want to format it. Atari did where PC didn't.

I find GEM very easy to use. Simple to copy files, rename files, set graphic's modes, etc etc. GEM is limited in some things you can do only because you only have a set list of desktop commands. But that's where the PD/Shareware stuff comes in: adding small .prg's like Little Green Item Selector, Atari Control Panel, Pinhead, Warp 9, GDOS, and others enhances GEM alot.

As I said in another forum, to each their own. I find the ST a great and easy to use little bugger. Sorry you had prob's and that maybe it doesn't suit your needs.

Mendon

Maybe it's just because I'm an 8-Biter at heart.  Atari 800 forever baby!

Tempest

The words of an honest man! I have 2 STS but the one with RF (520STfm) is crap! works sometimes and only displays B/W and the other the good one a 1040STf I need a monitor which I dont have but i too have been wanting to love the ST and all I get is problems I too have more 8-Bits than STS (800, 600XL, 130XE) I guess I preatty soon give up!

Archived