IGNORED

My 7800 is at the post office...

metalmom

I have known since yesterday that there is a package waiting for me at the post office, it is my first Atari 7800. It seems as though anything that could keep me from the post office has happened. I am just hoping I will have time to pick it up tomorrow...I know I can't wait much longer...I am practically bursting with anticipation/excitement/suspense/etc.

I'm getting several 7800 games with it (as well as a grip of 2600 games), but unfortunately not Ninja Golf :( and I have not been able to find it as of yet. If anyone can steer me in the right direction toward my very own copy of Ninja Golf I would be stoked.

I had a terrible experience with UPS when I first got my 7800 power supply and controllers.

They refused to deliver when I was home and after 3 days, I had to go to the Williston office to pick up the package..ughh.

Avoid UPS. They're pricks. :x

• 2 weeks later...

Aww, that's not true.

Being that we live in VT, we can hide our huge stashes of Atari stuff inside a cave somewhere. Hell, perhaps the top of Mt.Mansfield would make a perfect storage space for all my Atari stuff. I am the evil game collector! :twisted:

Aww, that's not true.

Being that we live in VT, we can hide our huge stashes of Atari stuff inside a cave somewhere. Hell, perhaps the top of Mt.Mansfield would make a perfect storage space for all my Atari stuff. I am the evil game collector!  :twisted:

Yeah, you do that.... :ponder:

Do I detect a hint of jealousy?

Eh well.

Vermont is still unexplored territory when it comes to video games. EVen you must know.

No, I just want to know where I can swipe all your games from. :twisted:

;)

I had a terrible experience with UPS when I first got my 7800 power supply and controllers.

They refused to deliver when I was home and after 3 days, I had to go to the Williston office to pick up the package..ughh.

Avoid UPS. They're pricks.  :x

It's my understanding UPS will not leave packages in what they consider "unsecure areas"..... :D

Luckily my UPS has no problem leaving packages on my front porch. I've been getting a lot of business lately. But it's gonna be drying up soon.

Do I detect a hint of jealousy?

Eh well.

Vermont is still unexplored territory when it comes to video games. EVen you must know.

No, I just want to know where I can swipe all your games from. :twisted:

;)

They won't be easy to swipe.

I'll guard them with rabid Pomeranians.

:twisted:

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got Ninja Golf (as well as a handful of other 7800 games)! It's hard to believe that for most of my life I did not know this game existed. Anyway, I'm thrilled to have it and also pleased with the other games I got with it. My collection is growing as rapidly as my mommy tummy :D

How I envy you.

I still don't have a copy of Ninja Golf. I might pick one up someday.

I'm getting six more sealed 7800 games from AtariPitBull.

I've been more focused on picking up all the Activision and Imagic titles in boxes that I can find.

So Metalmom, are there any flea markets in your area? Thrift shops? I don't go down by that way much often but Xot has asked many times for me to go down and visit so I was wondering what it looks like for thrifts/flea markets.

Kepone- There is a weekend flea market in Waterbury every summer. I don't remember when it begins or how long it runs, it's right on route 2. I haven't checked it out yet this year, but I may venture out that way this weekend and take a look. I'll let you know what I find if I do go. Other than that, I don't know of anything, but I will keep my eyes and ears peeled.

I know what you mean Kepone- I am saving for the new baby, plus I have to find a new home and you must know how expensive that always ends up being. I'm just surprised how expensive baby stuff is-even though I'm buying almost all used stuff. There's just so much to buy, I mean, babies really need a lot of stuff! So unfortunately, my collection will have to be put on holduntil after I get my poop in a group. *shrug*

Well you know Vermont's high cost of living doesn't make it any easier. I'm on Section 8 but not poor enough to get more assistance. I'm making less this year so might get more from them next year.

Add that to the fact that you gotta pay higher taxes in Williston at the stores(well I do) means that I gotta re-use older clothes and go to thrifts.

Eh well.

Try living in Montpelier. I live in a studio apartment (2 rooms) and I pay $500 a month. I need to get a new place because I wont have enough room for the baby. I make too much money to get any kind of assistance, but since I make good money they tax the hell outta me. It would just be easier if I didn't live in Montpelier. I can get a nice 2 bedroom apartment in Northfield for what I'm paying now, but there is absolutely nothing available, and I refuse to live in the trailer park because it is filled with losers and drug addicts. If only the father of my baby and I could get along better we could live together and share expenses. But, alas, nothing is ideal. *shrug*

Bummer,

Yea I got a small apartment and pay 700 a month. Rent is high as hell in this area. I think St Albans isn't to bad for rent. I got friends paying 600 a month for a town house. Also I know Burlington is putting in some new lower income housing down by the waterfront. Perhaps you guys should check into that, get your names in early if thats possible. It'll be a brand new building so iit should be nice.

That would be nice, but unfortunately I have to stay in the central VT area so that I can take advantage of my mother's willingness to provide free daycare. If not for the baby, I'd not only get away from this area, I'd probably leave the state...maybe move down south where folks are more friendly.

Well I love Vermont but lately, I've been wondering why I'm still here and all my friends have moved. Hmm.

St.Albans is not bad but if you want REALLY cheap rent..try Alburg. There are 3 bedroom apts renting for like $400/month or probably a bit more. It's a bit out of the way though.

I'm from Swanton originally. Not a bad town but still pretty shitty for a small town.

I'd hate to have to leave the state. My family is firmly entrenched here in VT. I can't live very far from them cuz it just isn't possible.

Archived