IGNORED

Getting my TI back out—where should I start?

Tim Hamilton

Ninja'd :D

How about this-- when I get around to designing a better shell, I will make the STL *AND* the NURBS CAD models available. If I release those in STEP format, you should be able to edit them with just about any CAD suite. (Drives a CATIA seat, but there are cats that drive other stuff.)

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 1

There's a FinalGrom 99 available on ebay right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FinalGROM-99-FG99-FinalGROM99-SD-reader-TI-99-4a-case-manual-NEW/283612526286?hash=item42089fb6ce:g:qVQAAOSwVRBcJYJM

Arcade Shopper is probably more legit, but they only do local pickup it seems. (If I am wrong, please tell me so; there's some things I would like to order, but I refuse to drive halfway across the USA to pick it up.)
You are wrong probably needs you to enter a zip code to do shipping estimates.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good to know, but your checkout did not give me any option to even supply a zip code. Options were literally radio buttons with 2 options: "Add to existing order" and "Local pickup." I can take screenshots if you want. :D

EDIT

Ahh, I see. Subtle button for setting address.  Really, it should just ask that straight up on the checkout. *shrug*

I have already blown this month's disposable spending money. Getting the nanoPEB will have to wait.

Silly question though; Your nanoPEB needs a regulated 5v source; would a boost regulator be sufficient? I would prefer to power it off the port. Wall warts are nasty things.

Edited by wierd_w

33 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

Good to know, but your checkout did not give me any option to even supply a zip code. Options were literally radio buttons with 2 options: "Add to existing order" and "Local pickup." I can take screenshots if you want. :D

EDIT

Ahh, I see. Subtle button for setting address.  Really, it should just ask that straight up on the checkout. *shrug*

I have already blown this month's disposable spending money. Getting the nanoPEB will have to wait.

Silly question though; Your nanoPEB needs a regulated 5v source; would a boost regulator be sufficient? I would prefer to power it off the port. Wall warts are nasty things.

I'll look into that. But of course you have to set an address to get shipping options :)

They sell quick, but I usually get more..

TIPI's are coming as well, just not today.. maybe in a week or two..we'll see my manufacturer is bad on communications.. 

as long as the power supply is rated at at least 2a and is REGULATED it will work fine. Otherwise you are on your own. The wallwarts I buy are quality and regulated and work every time. Others have problems. 

Greg

Great! Glad to hear it!

Before I get too involved in planning a boost regulator deployment-- What is the max power draw you can put on the sidecar bus? 2A is quite a lot, and it would need to be slightly more if I put a regulator on it.
(A good part of me is screaming that the designer used a 5v DC barrel connector instead of using the bus's +5v VCC for a reason. I just don't know if that reason is "You will burn the TI motherboard" from too much current draw, or "the TI's sidecar bus does not do good voltage regulation", or something else entirely.)

Great! Glad to hear it!

Before I get too involved in planning a boost regulator deployment-- What is the max power draw you can put on the sidecar bus? 2A is quite a lot, and it would need to be slightly more if I put a regulator on it.
(A good part of me is screaming that the designer used a 5v DC barrel connector instead of using the bus's +5v VCC for a reason. I just don't know if that reason is "You will burn the TI motherboard" from too much current draw, or "the TI's sidecar bus does not do good voltage regulation", or something else entirely.)
If you have a speech I'd not put anything else in the 5v TI supply. Maybe a voltage regulator and pull off the 12v on the video out plug

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk