IGNORED

Atari 7800 SD Cart (Concerto?)

Tempest

1 minute ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I guess my point was: why even mention it if you don't really want to talk about it? Hinting about it, and making inside jokes makes it seem like there is only a special club of people who are allowed to know - which is kinda shitty for everyone not on the inside. 

Because half of them are engineers, who are not going to steal my ideas and instead help with suggestions and ideas.  I guess I shouldn't say anything anymore, about possible hardware enhancements, like my MP3 playback, directly into the 7800, or shit like my Alexa/IR control box.

Instead of bitching and moaning, for someone else to do something, I do shit myself.  But all the entitlement attitude has seriously turned me off, from announcing something for the masses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Because half of them are engineers, who are not going to steal my ideas and instead help with suggestions and ideas.  I guess I shouldn't say anything anymore, about possible hardware enhancements, like my MP3 playback, directly into the 7800, or shit like my Alexa/IR control box.

Instead of bitching and moaning, for someone else to do something, I do shit myself.  But all the entitlement attitude has seriously turned me off, from announcing something for the masses.

I don't know about entitlement with the 7800 crowd. It's been over a decade since there was a viable SD cart option in production, with no real prospects in sight, and the XM is also a decade past it's release date with no info. If anything this particular micro-niche of Atari fans seem unendingly patient. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I don't know about entitlement with the 7800 crowd. It's been over a decade since there was a viable SD cart option in production, with no real prospects in sight, and the XM is also a decade past it's release date with no info. If anything this particular micro-niche of Atari fans seem unendingly patient. 

We still believe we are worthy of what the other homebrew platforms have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Synthpopalooza said:

I will wait patiently on mine ... ?  will be worth it.

You bet, I really need to send you the old one first.  I have a couple made up, just holding them, for the new extension.  But you are clearly one of the people that need one.  No dual POKEY though. :P LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Yeah - way to turn off a significant portion of the potential market for a product. 

"Hey guys, I'm starting a kickstarter for my new retro gaming device!"

"Great - what does it do!"

"None of your business."

"..."

If it was someone, other than myself, maybe, but Shawn can say whatever he wants to me (I've known him for a very long time, most people take him completely the wrong way). 

Fun to see Atari do it with other peoples money though.  Except "None of your business", is replaced with "Wait for the next announcement!".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, CPUWIZ said:

If it was someone, other than myself, maybe, but Shawn can say whatever he wants to me (I've known him for a very long time, most people take him completely the wrong way). 

Fun to see Atari do it with other peoples money though.  Except "None of your business", is replaced with "Wait for the next announcement!".

Oh definitely! That shit is an unmitigated disaster of empty hype. 

Im not trying to criticize your work by any means. And I totally get why you're guarded with it. This stuff takes time and energy and money that never seems to enough. Answering a million questions on top of that sucks all the enthusiasm right out of it.

I just find the mostly jokey, but also sorta serious olde boys club stuff to be offputting in an "I'm not welcome here unless I know the secret handshake, and own an original, MIB copy of Chase the Chuckwagon to prove my worth."

i get that fetish retro collections and old school video game electrical engineering skills are a special club, but this is a public forum. Teasing the  regular users with inside jokes, and then being standoffish when they ask what it's about is a bit disheartening.

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

You bet, I really need to send you the old one first.  I have a couple made up, just holding them, for the new extension.  But you are clearly one of the people that need one.  No dual POKEY though. :P LOL

Oh thats ok ... long as I can ceack it open and add one lol ;)  j/k

Nahh, POKEY plus TIA is plenty for me.  

12 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Teasing the  regular users with inside jokes, and then being standoffish when they ask what it's about is a bit disheartening.

Really? Do you write to movie studios, when they release teaser's for their movies, and demand what the rest of the plot is?  LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Really? Do you write to movie studios, when they release teaser's for their movies, and demand what the rest of the plot is?  LOL

I've never seen a movie trailer that stopped playing 20 seconds in and then made fun of the audience for not being part of a special club.

though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Deadpool or South Park pull something like that off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I've never seen a movie trailer that stopped playing 20 seconds in and then made fun of the audience for not being part of a special club.

though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Deadpool or South Park pull something like that off.

Don't be sad panda.  If you are nicer, you can be in that special "in the know" club.

• Like 1

This is what shit looks like, when I don't really have off the shelf solutions.  You have another thing to bitch about now, because of how much is actually going on in that picture, but it is really just a poster, for the next Godzilla movie.  I am sure someone will ask me, if Godzilla will have children this time and if I don't tell, I suck.  Just like all the people that walked around with the secrets of Game Of Thrones for 6 months. 

IMG-6571.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2