IGNORED

Pitfall 1 and 2 and the 7800...

Stein

well I just bought a NIB Pitfall2 (for my 7800) whoohoo :D anyways, I'm hoping it will work, from what I've seen chances are good as long as it's not one of the early model 7800's without the expansion port (and I seem to have a well behaving cartridge port too (so far ;) )).

anyone have a newer 7800 and pitfall2 that does NOT work? I have to sit here and wait 'days' now to find out :P

anyways, I've been trying to find a NIB Pitfall too (picture label) I don't know if it's my bad luck or what but I've never seen a Pitfall NIB on ebay, but I have seen at least 3 Pitfall2's in the last few months.... doesn't make sense, Pitfall is rated a 2 on the rarity guide but Pitfall2 is rated a 4.... :ponder: is it just my timing or have you guys seen em around?

Stein

I have an older model 7800 and my Pitfall II plays on it just fine. Except every now and then Harry will stop, press his face up against the TV screen glass, look over at my disconnected Atari 2600 and just sort of roll his eyes.

It may be a subtlety you'd never even notice unless you've played the game as often as I have.

Ben

Both Pitfall and Pitfall II: Lost Caverns work great on my 7800. Robot Tank is another issue (but that's why I have a 2600). :)

Anyone taken a look at the FAQ entry about this? I didn't know there were so many 7800 hardware variants that work or do not work with various 2600 titles. I see no mention of Pitfall or Pitfall II in the faq.

And with apologies to hijacking the thread, I just wanted to say hello as this is my first 7800 forum post. My friend found a 7800/power supply/1 proline stick for me last weekend at a garage sale for $10 and I'm slowly collecting titles for the system. I had one when they first came out (with the Pole Position II pack-in cart) but never got into the 7800-specific titles much (I bought one when my 2600 died) but now I'm back and intend to collect what I can.

Voch

thanks, that's good to hear :) for some reason if you've even read ONCE that Pitfall2 might not play on some systems, it seems like that's all you can think will happen. waiting is terrible...

hmm... the faq mentions that it's EARLY model units that don't have any problems... where did I (think I) read just the opposite :?

well anyways, happy collecting and welcome to the 7800 forum Voch! half the time I don't know what forum I'm in cause I'm clicking the new posts link :D but welcome all the same ;)

I'm not exactly sure where I read it either, but reports have it that Pitfall! will run on one of either the 2-port or the 4-port models of the Atari 5200 but not on the other. But I can't remember which, since I have one of each model, and I rarely play the 5200.

Pose the question in the 5200 forum and I'm sure you will get a prompt answer.

Ben

Pose the question in the 5200 forum and I'm sure you will get a prompt answer.

I found the thread that discusses putting a 4-port BIOS chip into a 2-port Atari 5200 for the sake of being able to play Pitfall and Mountain King. That's gotta be it.

Voch

• 3 weeks later...

>as long as it's not one of the early model 7800's without the expansion port

I thought the early models had the expansion port, and they covered it up on the later models???

Not a big deal, just wondering...

desiv

Archived