IGNORED

I'm officially an Atari addict !!!!

bobafett07728

Well, I have always been a huge fan of the Atari, but lately I have been dubbed an Atari addict by my brothers. After a week of recording high scores, I have spent the past two days compiling all of the scores on one tape. Both of my brothers think I am absolutely crazy for taking so much time to play, and document my recent Atari performances. I tell them my scores, and they just smirk and shake their heads. When will they ever learn . . . .? Whatever. . . I am happy to say that I play my Atari for an estimated two/three hours every day after work (that doesn't include the time playing on my emulator at work ;) ) Will I ever stop playing my Atari? No. Will my playtime decrease at some point? Possibly. But until that day, I will continue to play Decathlon until my hand blisters beyond recognition, Asteroids until I pass out from fatigue, and Pac-Man until I actually enjoy it!!!! So for all you other Atari addicts out there, keep your heads up, and continue to laugh at all those who don't understand the power of the mighty Atari 2600!!!!!!!!!

my brother as well calls me things for spending so much time and money on atari. but i already know im addicted and that im a nerd so thats alright :D even though im 14, and have only had an atari fro a few years i still want to play it, all you older guys here have been playing it for 2 decades, talk about dedication

my brother as well calls me things for spending so much time and money on atari. but i already know im addicted and that im a nerd so thats alright :D even though im 14, and have only had an atari fro a few years i still want to play it, all you older guys here have been playing it for 2 decades, talk about dedication

When I shop at Wal-Mart I keep picking up one or two of those Rubbermaid Snap-Top plastic boxes. When my friends ask what they're for I say cartridge storage. Then all I get is :roll: .

I'm going to keep collecting and playing until they develop the Atari addiction patch or chewable gum substitute or something. :P

Voch

I'm going to keep collecting and playing until they develop the Atari addiction patch or chewable gum substitute or something.  :P  

Voch

All I'm worried about is my joysticks/paddles/VCS Switches wearing out from overuse and Ebay running out of replacements!! :sad:

I remember getting mad at that punk in The Last Starfighter "I GOT TWENTY THOUSAND POINTS IN ASTEROIDS!" I've breached TWO MILLION, but that was when I had kid-savant powers.

Kid Savant? Children have infinite technical skill, and can master the most impossible classic video games. No way could I get past level 30 in Pac Man without dying now, but I could still kick my younger self's ass in Armored Core.

I remember getting mad at that punk in The Last Starfighter "I GOT TWENTY THOUSAND POINTS IN ASTEROIDS!" I've breached TWO MILLION, but that was when I had kid-savant powers.

I thought that was ET.

Archived