IGNORED

River City Ransom!

Wow, is this game incredible! Totally addictive, cool moves, weapons, sounds, a definite must have for your NES! I still like Double Dragon more, but this one is definitely one of the best beat-'em-ups on the system. It would be perfect if they would've redone those goofy-a*s Japanese character sprites. And I DON'T want to see a naked guy in an NES game, but those are my only quips.

I can't believe I found this yesterday. Even more unbelievable, it was only $1, which sure as h*ll beats Funco's price of $14.99.

This one of the NES games that I hope to get soon.

My brother beat it a few years ago.

Speaking of NES carts, I checked out a video store in Lacolle, QC and they are still renting out boxed NES carts! However, no River City Ransom.

Back to the topic.

RCR is truly a gem!

I don't think RCR is very rare, just popular, kind of like Contra. People like the game and hold on to it, making the value increase.

Speaking of NES carts, I checked out a video store in Lacolle, QC and they are still renting out boxed NES carts! However, no River City Ransom.

WHAT?!?! I can't even find N64 carts for rent anymore! If I'm ever up there, I'm going to this place!

Heh heh heh, Seanbaby is hilarous, I was surprised that he liked a game.

Read his letters to Nintendo Power page, absolute riot. The part with Mark Dis-(?)'s followup is hard to tell whether it's a joke or legit. The original letter was funny as h*ll by itself.

Read his letters to Nintendo Power page, absolute riot. The part with Mark Dis-(?)'s followup is hard to tell whether it's a joke or legit. The original letter was funny as h*ll by itself.

That Mark is a crazy fucker. I'm not sure if the responses are legit either, but I do think those censored pics of "Mark" look a bit like Seanbaby. The eyes, maybe. And it's just strange that he's a plumber like Mario. Coincidence? I bet the real Mark is homeless, gettin' NES decks from people who think they're toasters. 8)

Great site. The "Worst Games Ever" pages and the one about the 2600 always double me up. And his other content is not that bad :) . I almost wet myself reading about his take on the McDonald's Hot Coffee Incident :D

Wow, is this game incredible! Totally addictive, cool moves, weapons, sounds, a definite must have for your NES!

Darn right. I had never even heard of this game until I bought the Digital Press guide a couple years ago and decided to pick it up. Now it's one of my favorite NES games, although I have never even come close to beating it.

--Jason

I've had that game for about 11 years now and will never let it go. A friend of mine was visiting from out of Province and left it at my place. It's not so hard to beat if you have a lot of time, eat lots of sushi, get dragonkick, stonehands and buy a pair of cowboy or army boots. Plus you'll need about 2 hours of free time. Its a blast on 2 player cause, everyone can kick anybody's ass!

That Mark is a crazy fucker. I'm not sure if the responses are legit either, but I do think those censored pics of "Mark" look a bit like Seanbaby.

I'm willing to bet it's just Seanbaby having a little fun. The email address was a nice touch, though.

Heh, played two-player with my friend Drew, we kept beating each other up on 'accident' :D . My pal Brendan did the same thing on Battletoads.

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys

oh man I love love love river city ransom. All the memories it brings back of playing the old NES system. I really liked that the two player kicked ass me and my sister would play for hours on end. I think its about time that they brought back this classic.....Theres only one problem, I could never find out how to get into the high school I always just stood outside does anyone have any hint for that???

-tantone56

Archived