IGNORED

Question about Iron Soldier II cd version

munkyxtc

Ok, I've been out of Jaguar collecting for a lil while, and thought that I had unloaded all of my games, until a visit to my parents this weekend I discovered 2 copies of IS2, however, they are both different, and I forget which one is the official copy, and which is the bunk version.

VERSION 1: Black CD with IS2 on the front.

VERSION 2: Yellow labeled cd

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, as I'm looking to unload these, but do not want to misrepresent the facts about them.

Thanks,

Dave

"M"

Both versions are legit.Telegames printed their own labels for a while, When the 1st batch of IS2 was released the label was yellow and just a stick on label.

I believe the yellow version was also done on CDR rather than glass-mastered.

Jason

Technically. the yellow version is the original first run, so it's the one most people seek!

I have the yellow labeled CDR version and think it is MUCH better (the label) than the lame telegames releases with just the black label and red text...that just looks cheap to me. having a real label with art work, even printed on a paper label, I feel is much better. A couple years ago I took a sort of poll on JI2 to figure out which is rarer, and the results seemed to indicate that they are about as common as each other.

I have the yellow labeled CDR version and think it is MUCH better (the label) than the lame telegames releases with just the black label and red text...that just looks cheap to me. having a real label with art work, even printed on a paper label, I feel is much better. A couple years ago I took a sort of poll on JI2 to figure out which is rarer, and the results seemed to indicate that they are about as common as each other.

That's funny, I always considered a CD-R with a paper label printed off of an injet printer slapped on to be "cheap" when compared to a professionally printed and mastered CD.

I've got the yellow label CD-R version, BTW.

-Kevin

That's funny, I always considered a CD-R with a paper label printed off of an injet printer slapped on to be "cheap" when compared to a professionally printed and mastered CD.

I've got the yellow label CD-R version, BTW.

-Kevin

When 4-color CD printing costs about $0.05 more than 2-color printing, you KNOW how cheap someone was being!!!

When 4-color CD printing costs about $0.05 more than 2-color printing, you KNOW how cheap someone was being!!!

True, but then we should've expected that from the company that produced such fabulous cartridge labels:

c_Zero5_front.jpg

post-1188-1057597942_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Okay, after placing my recent order with Songbird Productions, I have three games to get. Iron Soldier II comes on CD and Cartridge. Although the cartridge is missing some music and a movie intro of some sort, wouldn't the cartridge version be more durable? Which version would you order? Which is more desirable? I'm assuming they still sell CD and Cart versions, as listed. Maybe I should just get both versions?

Generally, I'm asking this now because Telegames sent me a weekend special for anyone on their mailing list. Check your mail if you're on the list. :D

Of course, this also means I won't have anything I can really trade for... except games I already have. That's the reason I haven't completed my collection years ago. With recent comments directed towards me, I feel that I might as well just complete the collection. :evil:

I'd order Breakout, Iron Soldier II CD, and Towers from Telegames but I'm too cheap to pay that $4.50 "order processing fee".

Maybe I'm being stupid for denying myself the games now because of $4.50 but its kind of a principal thing. jetset516 takes on shipping fee's, I take on order processing fee's. :D

So I watch eBay and other places and one day I shall have all three.

Mendon

Archived