IGNORED

What went wrong with this mod?

The Sage of Sega

Was trying to A/V mod my old six-switcher so I could trade it for an N64. Yes, you heard that right :grin: . Anyways, I frigged up somewhere; I had pics from Cheeptech (shown below) to give me a general idea of what went where, but I think I followed the tutorial wrong. The tutorial, BTW, was obtained from another website which I forget the URL to :( . Here's what I did (this all being on the circuitboard containing the cart slot);

Pin 5, 2, 7, 8, and Chroma were wired to the extruding end of a yellow RCA cable.

The Audio pin was wired to the extruding end of a red RCA cable.

Also note that wires on Pin 5, Chroma and Audio were "looped" on and then wrapped with electrician's tape (solder pencil too fat to work in there.)

I plugged this into my TV, plugged Adventure in, and hit the power, then switched to Video 2 on the TV. It started humming, not ear-splitting, but not pleasant either. A faint green picture was rolling from NE to SW on the TV, so I hit Reset and I could make out the graphics (the castle, the walls). It was still rolling in the same direction, and the screen still remained green and black. Adjusting the color pot on the left of the board didn't help much.

So what should I do? Should I solder different wires, get rid of the partial "loop" config, or have I just connected it totally wrong? For a first attempt at anything electronic, I don't think I did too bad, but everyone knows that a 14-year-old kid + soldering tools = smell of burning flux. :P

If anyone could help out in this matter, that'd be great (it's all for the N64 baby.)

Thanks

Andrew

post-2572-1057532939_thumb.jpg

post-2572-1057532940_thumb.jpg

Archived