IGNORED

Favorite piece of Atari8 music.

Bryan

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite 8-bit tune was. I really like some of the .sap stuff that's been produced, and I've been looking through places like the Grayscale site. Anyway, I'll pick some favorites and post them too (404error is awfully cool).

-Bry

Well, since nobody's responded i'll stick me oar in... Three tunes that spring to mind as favourites are "Zero War" by Richard Munns (presently the test tune on my first Atari code), "Jet Set Willy" by Rob Hubbard (what Sack/Cosine is using as test) and "Five To Five" by Jakub Husak.

Some of the multi0pokey stuff is very cool and I can't wait for someone to use RMT realy well too, but I'm gonna limit myself to game musix :)

My favorite is the Shadow of the Beast music by Orall Cornelius (I think I've found a disc of the musix alone), Thunderfox by Orall too is very cool...

I also like the Plastron theme by Richard Munns (in fact all his stuff is great), Panther by David Whittaker is great and Warhawk by Rob Hubbard is very nice too...

sTeVE

Jet Set Willy has impressive music, and its says it was made by Rob Hubbard.  Wasnt he just a C64 music composer?   :ponder:

No, Hubbard was best known for his C64 music but did work on the Atari 8bit, Sinclair Spectrum, Atari ST, Amiga and PC. He's still working at EA as bossman of something-or-other-musicial and puts in appearances at some of the Back In Time Live gigs.

my 2 cents:

international karate by rob hubbard (atari version)

warhawk by rob hubbard (atari version)

jet set willy by rob hubbard (atari version)

delta (RMT version)

beside that all stuff by our TQA musicians (xray & greg (greyscale))

and many many more in the SAP archive... :D

hve

This songs from POKEY I mostly like today, because they are not only game-chip-tunes, they are most real music to me, belonging to the hardware-capabilities

Dreamer.sap

Lukasz Sychowicz - Cabil.sap

Thomasz Liebich - Rucu.sap

Grzegorz Kwiatek - Hopeless.sap

Grzegorz Kwiatek - Punk_Is_Not_Dead.sap

Grzegorz Kwiatek - No_Breakes.sap

Grzegorz Kwiatek - Voice_of_Silence.sap

Deathland.sap

Speed_Matter.sap

Jakub Husak - Aquanaut.sap

Thomasz Majewski - Autobiografia.sap

Thomasz Liebich - Blood_Fighter_2.sap

Adrian Galinski - Classic_Secret_Sampled.sap

Adam Bienias - Crazy.sap

Thomasz Majewski - Das_Model.sap

Adam Bienias - Ice_Machine.sap

Jakub Husak - Opanowanie_Swiata.sap

Thomasz Majewski - Reksio_Theme.sap

Adam Bienias - Train_Sampled_version.sap

Thomasz Liebich - Ucieczka.sap

Jakub Husak - Ucieczka_W_Nicosc.sap

Filip Golewski - Waving_Sound.sap

Jakub Husak - Wodospadem_Czasu.sap

Jakub Husak - Wsrod_Gwiazd.Nadziei.sap

Marcin Czartynski - Exodus.sap

Filip Oscadal - Lemmings_Intro.sap

Filip Golewski - Echo_Sampled.sap

Daniel Numan - Psychodelic_Acied.sap

Ireneusz Radzikowski - Savage.sap

Filip Oscadal - Brutal_Recall_Demo_Bonus.sap

Filip Oscadal - Digi_Synth.sap

Filip Oscadal - Vaxeen_Vaxeen_4U.sap

Lukasz Sychowicz - King_of_Agregat.sap

Mega_Player_151_Hidden_mus.sap

As you can see...: there is no Jet Set Willy or Draconus or else.

Draconus for example could have been a non-plus-ultra song if there were Digi-Drums used... Also I like digis very well, there are tunes who really don't need them: Deathland for example. But the Draconus song needet hardly some digis to be a complete song.

@ TMR  

...and imagine what a c64 coder can do with 128 or 256 bytes per scanline video ram... ;)

here some examples (not yet expanded to 256 or 128)

http://www.s-direktnet.de/homepages/k_nadj/i.html

titel50b.png

titel50d.png

bump2.png

http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Marek.Tomczyk...oft/titel50.com

[/img]

What demo(s) are the first 2 screenshots from? I wouldnt mind checking those out!

The 3rd screenshot looks like its from the Numen Demo, by Taquart, am I right ? :)

check the links... ;)

non of the above productions are included in numen as numen is highend optimised code... above intros where coded around 1996/97 by me.... you'll find them here

http://www.s-direktnet.de/homepages/k_nadj/i.html and

http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Marek.Tomczyk on the atari pages in the demo corner section...

heaven/taquart

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite 8-bit tune was. I really like some of the .sap stuff that's been produced, and I've been looking through places like the Grayscale site. Anyway, I'll pick some favorites and post them too (404error is awfully cool).

-Bry

Draconus (first XL music that really impressed me from an artistic point of view and to a slightly lesser degree, technically, and I still love it), the Leuchtturm Demo from Hobby Tronic 1990 (anyone got this in SAP format? MY first encounter with XL digi-drum music and love the way it fits with the arrangement and is not just added for the sake of it. Haven't seen it in the ASMA collection yet), BMX Simulator, Warhawk, Plastron, Black Lamp, Amaurote...

• 1 month later...

As for me, some of my favourite Atari tune are:

Draconus by Adam Gilmore - title tune

Black Lamp by Richard Munns - title tune

Lemmings Preview by HMC from Slovakia (music by Fred Brooker)

Wodospadem Czasu by Jakub Husak (from the SOFTSYNTH program!!!)

Time by Lukasz Sychowicz

Cubeniculosis by Grzegorz Kwiatek

Middle Ages by Dariusz Wasilewski

All of these are available in ASMA's SAP archive, I think.

BTW. it seems ASMA is dead since there are no new updates for a long time... :roll: :x

Although I personally converted about 200 tunes or so into SAP, I hope that more people will come and help for this archive. For example, I never heard (in SAP format) nice digitunes by THE GATEKEEPER from Holland. :-/

Archived