IGNORED

Championship Lode Runner for C-64

TeddyBear89

Any help on getting past the first board?  After grabbing all the available gold, I assume it has to do with getting the two zombies to follow you down to grab the two last pieces at the middle-bottom trap (thus having the ladder reveal itself).

I am a longtime Lode Runner player (this Thursday I set my all-time high getting to level 36) so while not a HOF'er I am a somewhat adequate player.

I remember reading the Championship Lode Runner game review in Electronic Games magazine back in the mid-80's claiming that even expert players would have a severe problem with the Championship edition.  More interestingly, I am surprised that this game has no mention on Lemon.

Any assistance, links, etc would be welcomed....after 100 games it is starting to affect my ego that I can't even get past the first level.............

how i tackled this one was to get the two bad guys to fall into the bottom.  Stand in a bottom corner and they will run to you.  Move to the other one and wait until they're under the gold chests.  Pick up the chests that make the "hello" before running over the two robots to get the last two chests.  Support ladders will pop up, and you'll find an easy way to the next level.

Thanks for trying to help!  I would agree with your suggestion but this video (for the Apple II version) shows that the support ladders generated after getting all the gold don't help you out of the pit.  I also question the speed setting of this version since I have tried dozens of times to destroy the bottom corner walls in order to sneak in to grab one gold piece and still make it out before the wall regenerates.  I die every time.

I am about to throw the towel in on this disk!