IGNORED

Real Modulation programming with POKEY

emkay

My recent experiments show a much better control of PWM or RING Modulation controls using the Generators of POKEY. 

That's why  I opened a new thread for it. I'll also add a counter, till the first Jester is derailing the Thread again. Many of them have activated the ignore function, so I hope, they will stay out of this thread, finally.

So let's start:

It's all no fake. It's an intro with a "Rastaconverter image" running at 50Hz PAL speed.

Non linear mixing is activated in Altirra for the recording, and there is ONE Pokey used. 

Actually this type of Intro could have been there in 1979.

• Like 5

Same with this one:

And there is an "extended " Version , using some "cool" waveforms. This time passed through "SIDWIZPLUG" for the wave expression.

You might see it: There is NO unwanted cancelling in the waves. They are almost fully controlled in "opening" and "closing" . 

The next step will be to have the real "cycling modulations" as used in those "SID type" tunes. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, rensoup said:

wouldn't say I'm a fan of the tune but it sure sounds interesting.

It's the intention to have the tune sounding interesting  :D 

But the real interesting part should be more clear, if you check the "wave edit" from 3:52 to 4:08 . It's the controlled PWM. Not that you get that only from tunes that I have edited ;)  , this one plays the modulations exactly as programmed. Normally tunes use the strange "Hi Pass filter noise" or the random Filter Setting as used in RMT, causing passive random voices with random cancelling.  

• Like 1

That's definitely some interesting waveforms coming from a "square wave only" generator :)  I do hope you can find someone to incorporate these tunings into a new / updated tracker.  I don't mean this to sound bad - in the hands of a proper musician, it could be the difference between "coder art" and art done from a proper artist.  Since I am neither graphically or musically talented, I do say this with sincerity.

• Like 3