IGNORED

Redemption 5200 Controller Adapter Announced

Albert

A question for you Joe - are the "Redemption" going to have built in keypads, or will they come with a dual split Y so that one end will have the ported controller (PC, 2600, whatever) and the other will have a 5200 stick for the keypad?

A question for you Joe - are the "Redemption" going to have built in keypads, or will they come with a dual split Y so that one end will have the ported controller (PC, 2600, whatever) and the other will have a 5200 stick for the keypad?

All threee versions of Redemption 5200 have a DB15 connector that allows you to plug in a standard 5200 controller so you can use the keypad, as well as the start/select/reset buttons.

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

If I were to purchase a 7800 version, would a Genesis stick (of pad) work for double button support?

I'm still undecided which one to get. Will the adaptor work for VINTAGE analog PC sticks? I used to have a PC stick kinda like a WICO, and it was analog, I just cant see using a flight stick on an atari

If I were to purchase a 7800 version, would a Genesis stick (of pad) work for double button support?

I'm still undecided which one to get. Will the adaptor work for VINTAGE analog PC sticks? I used to have a PC stick kinda like a WICO, and it was analog, I just cant see using a flight stick on an atari

If it has a 15 pin gameport connector, it should work with the adapter(and with the ones I make)

If you wanted to use a Sega Genesis stick (or pad), you'd want to get the 2600/Sega model, which will support two firebuttons for the Sega pad (but not for the 2600 stick, obviously).

The 7800 model only works with 7800 sticks, and supports both of the buttons.

The PC adapter should work with any analog PC joystick, as long as it has trimmers (which most of the analog ones do, unless they are super cheap-o)

Hope that helps! :)

Joe

I'm somewhat ignorant to all of this. But you said that the 2600/Genesis will have dual button support, but only for the Genesis controller due to obvious reasons. But would some of those old Commador joysticks be able to do dual button support? or will it be like the 2600?

Sorry for being a bit too inquisitive

Is this going to be like the Wico stick where you STILL need a working 5200 keypad to start and reset a game?

That was my problem with the Wico's as a kid.. sure the control was great, but it did me no good when I couldn't even START the game to begin with :lol:

I was able to fix it later on in life of course.. but just curious if these devices are the same? :)

So Joe, how do I go about getting one post show, since we never managed to click on doing it there? Unless I'm mistaken I got the impression that you actually had one or two at the A.G.E. table and I never saw it; unless you were saying you just had prototypes and not the actual units themselves. With all the action Sunday night I didn't get a chance to clarify what you meant. :P

I actually had 3 of each type of the show. I mostly had the 2600 version set up so we could show off Adventure II (which people loved, by the way). We're actually finishing up the label for the various Redemption models right now, so the ones we sold at the show were blank and we have to send those people labels.

We'll have them up in the AtariAge store shortly and you'll be able to pick them up there! :)

Joe

• 1 month later...

I do want to let people know that the Redemption 5200 product has been done for nearly 2 months - we sold a few at AGE for those lucky enough to attend :)

However, we were waiting for someone to design a label for us, and that basically fell through. Without a label, it looks kind of naked. So, as soon as we get that done, AtariAge will start shipping them! Soon! I promise!

Joe

Archived