IGNORED

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy

This is one of my all time favorite games to come back to. I don't know how many times I've tried, but I still haven't beaten any of the Ninja Gaiden games yet. There's always some super-tough boss I can't get past.

I like the music a lot, but I heard the music in the NES games were better.

I don't know which one's my favorite. I like the multiple ninja ghosts from part II, but I also like the extended sword of part III.

What do you guys think of the Ninja Gaiden series?

This is one of my all time favorite games to come back to.  I don't know how many times I've tried, but I still haven't beaten any of the Ninja Gaiden Games yet.  There's always some super-tough boss I can't get past.  

I like the music a lot, but I heard the music in the NES games were better.  

I don't know which one's my favorite.  I like the multiple ninja ghosts from part II, but I also like the extended sword of part III.  

What do you guys think of the Ninja Gaiden series?

I love 'em. :D I still play the first one frequently. If I have 30 minutes or so to kill, I usually play it until I get to the last level and then don't spend the hours getting through it because it's so stinkin' hard. I have beaten the first and the second one though. The first one is tough because the final boss has three different stages. You think you won the game and then you have to go onto a new boss. I don't remember the second one as much, but I do remember deciding to spend an entire day playing it until I beat it. It was pretty hard and I think it took 5-6 hours. That was back when I had more time to play video games! :D Never played the third one. I also remember thinking the music on the first Ninja Gaiden was really cool. Probably one reason why I like techno music now! :D

it was great before nintendo bastardised it and made it totally different than the arcade version. Pick up ninja gaiden for the sega genesis if you want to see how the game was meant to be

I never encountered the arcade version until after I was pretty familiar with the NES version. So I was never that fond of the arcade version. :P

The first one is tough because the final boss has three different stages. You think you won the game and then you have to go onto a new boss.

That happened to me on Blaster Master. Beat the boss, set the controller down to stretch, and he reforms!

If I'd been using a gamepad instead of a joystick, I wouldn't have survived. As it was, I lunged at the stick and barely pulled my butt back out of the fire.

I loved the Arcade version and played it all the time. When I heard it was coming out for the NES I was floored and got super excited.. But then I saw a layout for it in Nintendo Power and it obviously was a different game alltogether but I didn't know for sure. I still wanted it though. Then I finally got it and it sure enough was a different game but I liked it anyway and still played it. I mastered it enough that I could finish it on one sitting. I also got into Ninja Gaiden 2 and could finish that as well. But when Ninja Gaiden 3 came out.. I passed. I had enough ;P

By the way, oddly enough I just played and finished the original NES ninja gaiden again for the first time in years, but on the Gameboy Advance. I found I wasn't as good and I had to use lots of savestates! :lol:

I didn't know there was a MegaDrive version until much later when emulators came out.. That sort of blew me away. I passed on the SNES Trilogy when it came out too so I'm a little sad about that. I DO have the tg-16/PC-Engine version though :)

Please compare the Nin. Ninja Gaiden to the Sega version. :)

The Genesis version of Ninja Ryukenden couldn't suck more ass if it were Christopher Lowell with a straw up Richard Simmons' ass. For any real loyalist to the series, Ninja Gaiden stopped at II, much like Terminator. Neither are strangers to the curse of the threes. The new Ninja Gaiden is just Tecmo Shinobi, and a poor successor to even the shitstorm that was Ninja Gaiden 3. The anime fucked the continuity even worse. They made Ryu into an obnoxious jackass, and Irene into a simpering coward.

NG Trilogy is a great cart to have if you were a fan of the NES series. The game box's marketing blurbs try to convince you that these are enhanced versions of the original games, yet there is very little improvement graphics and sound-wise. It's still fun to play though. The sprites are a bit more colorful yet still retain their 8-bitness. The cutscenes do look better in NG Trilogy. The password feature does help you finish the games faster.

My favorite game of the series is NG1. I played that one for endless hours when I was a kid. I memorized almost every enemy position and learned to beat it pretty quickly. I have forgotten a lot of it of course. Now I get this "6th sense" feeling when I play it: I don't know why, but my mind unconciously tells me when to jump and what item lamps to slash. Useless gaming reflexes still embedded in my memory? LOL

I just got finished playing Ninja Gaiden 1 for 3 hours. I got to Act 6 pretty easily, then it took me a few tried to beat it and get to the boss. The funniest part is that when you lose to the boss, you have to start over again from the very begining of the Act!! So I had to go back and beat Act 6 a couple more times before I finaly beat the boss.

Then came the second boss, which took me a dozen times of playing through the level again.

Finaly I got to the third boss, but alas, I don't know how the game makers expected anyone to beat it. I tried several times before giving up.

ONE DAY!!

I just got finished playing Ninja Gaiden 1 for 3 hours.  I got to Act 6 pretty easily, then it took me a few tried to beat it and get to the boss.  The funniest part is that when you lose to the boss, you have to start over again from the very begining of the Act!!  So I had to go back and beat Act 6 a couple more times before I finaly beat the boss.  

Then came the second boss, which took me a dozen times of playing through the level again.  

Finaly I got to the third boss, but alas, I don't know how the game makers expected anyone to beat it.  I tried several times before giving up.  

ONE DAY!!

I think for the third boss the only way you can beat him is if you have a certain weapon. I think it's the Chinese Star that when you throw it kind of acts as a boomerang because it goes back and forth around you. I want to say that I couldn't beat the third boss without that weapon!

Yeah I remember that. It looks like a blueish whirlwind symbol. It makes you invincible while jumping. It's there somewhere in the last stage, but the difficulty is getting to the boss without losing it and with enough points to be able to use it.

Awesome! Thanks! I don't think I would have EVER thought to that!

I'm good at bringing a lot of magic with me to the final boss because I used the Diagonal-Upwards Fire to help witht the first two bosses.

However, that last stretch before the boss room is evil and can take me from a full life bar to a quarter.

Archived