IGNORED

Xbox Series X

Cobra Strike Down

Nice to see a forum dedicated to these consoles. The last Xbox I have owned was the 360. I haven't purchased a new game system since the launch of the Switch actually.

But, I have always been an Xbox fan and I really wanted the Series X. I didn't think I would be able to afford one ($500 is a lot of cash for me) but today I got extremely lucky. I received a bonus from my job (something that has not happened since 2012!) and I was able to get an order in for one through Walmart. Double whammy of luck!

Not arriving until 1/13/2021, but that is fine. At least I got it at MSRP!

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 8

On 12/17/2020 at 5:55 PM, eightbit said:

Nice to see a forum dedicated to these consoles. The last Xbox I have owned was the 360. I haven't purchased a new game system since the launch of the Switch actually.

But, I have always been an Xbox fan and I really wanted the Series X. I didn't think I would be able to afford one ($500 is a lot of cash for me) but today I got extremely lucky. I received a bonus from my job (something that has not happened since 2012!) and I was able to get an order in for one through Walmart. Double whammy of luck!

Not arriving until 1/13/2021, but that is fine. At least I got it at MSRP!

Congrats! It seems expensive but it's a good value if you missed out on the previous generation, since it's fully compatible with those games (and a lot of those games will run even better on the SX). Think of it as getting two consoles in one (or two and a half, if you have a lot of Xbox 360 or even OG Xbox backwards compatible titles, ha).