IGNORED

PTC1426

PTC Montors (P=PC, T=TT030, C=Color)

You can use it on an ST, in fact several European hardware hackers are selling ST to VGA cables on Ebay, B&C sells them and a I think Best too...

You lose the color though, so its only grey scale.

If you hunt around you can find some decent low cost $50-$60 scan converters to go from RGB to VGA, you just need to wire up an ST video to most like 9pin cable to plug into the Scan converter, so have the signals seperated out to BNC connectors as well.

It wont get you better graphics modes, so you're doing a lot for little in return, except to move away from the proprietary SC Atari monitors.

Curt

Ah-ha! There's something called the Monitor Master which seems to do exactly that. I wonder if you can still get them?

I've heard talk of multi-sync monitors that can display all three resolutions. I assume Atari never made one.

Tempest

Ah-ha!  There's something called the Monitor Master which seems to do exactly that.  I wonder if you can still get them?

I've heard talk of multi-sync monitors that can display all three resolutions.  I assume Atari never made one.

Tempest

I see them on Ebay a lot and B&C and Best both have them I recall... The NEC Multisync was the preferred VGA monitor of choice for interfacing to the ST's....

There were a lot of simple games done in hi-res mode on the ST's but most used the 640X200 mode which looked quite good.

Curt

Archived