IGNORED

Favorite MAME obscurities

Seeing as how this is about playing MAME, rather than getting it to work, I've put this here.

I just got MAME32 to work on my machine, and just discovered Libble Rabble, the other game by Toru Iwatani. I also looked at the clock and discovered that I lost 4 hours playing the thing, and was suprised.

So I looked up my 'favorites' folder, and saw my other fun games that no one else talks about:

Marvin's Maze: MC Echer, Pac-Man, and Berzerk mixed together.

Puzzli: (want sound on this one, BAD!) a puzzle game featuring.. Fish. Any home port of this one in Japan?

Peter Pack-Rat: maybe not obscure, but still one of the Atari games that deserves more recognition than it gets.

Samurai: an Early Sega game all in Japanese. Wish it had sound though.

Lupin 3: my interest in the Anime got me playing this one. Another sound vicitm.

Grobda and Metro-Cross: Developed a taste for these two from the PS Namco Museum Discs.

I've also been playing Fantasy, but that's more to capture the music for a freind of mine that's been dabbling in making Dub Techno/Trip-Hop music from Thrift store obscurities, and asked my help on Classic Gaming samples. Fantasy does 'Funkytown' at one point, MAME cheat to level 5 or so and you'll hear it! :roll:

..so what's everyone else's fave MAME lesser-knowns? I want some new games to dabble with. :P

Peter Pack-Rat and Lupin 3 are the only 2 of those I've played and I like 'em both. Marvin's Maze sounds interesting too,I'll have to look for that.

Not obscure since there was a NES version, but I really get a lot of play from City Connection in MAME.

I Just tried Pandor's Palace a few days ago! Kinda fun. How many screens does this game have?

I think there are four or five actual stages before they start repeating. There's also at least one bonus stage (maybe more). I used to be fairly good at the game, but not anymore :(

Cameltry was also made for some consoles too... I think there was a SNES version.

--Zero

Cameltry was also made for some consoles too... I think there was a SNES version.

The SNES version was called Cameltry in Japan but the name was inexplicably changed to "On The Ball" for US (and European ???) release. I’m pretty sure that the arcade machine had US distribution under the original name.

Was Cameltry released for any home system other than the SNES?

Well, I was downloading random ROM image sets, and I found this game called Asteroids, by this company called Atari...

Why doesn't anyone know about this game? It rules!

Seriously?

Probably Cinematronics' Freeze. Why I'll never know.

Archived