IGNORED

Illusions on the CV

I'm glad to see it's not just me who can't figure this one out :)  

C'mon somebody on this board has to know how to play this game!

Maybe all there is to this game is "illusions" of playability?? Hence, the title. :ponder:

I think I made it through the first level, like Inky, once and by luck.

Here's a link to a review of Illusions, written by Norman Sippel:

http://my.ohio.voyager.net/~ngsippel/cvgam...ames/cvill.html

Among other things, Norman had this to say about the game:

"Illusions, in my opinion, the weirdest and most unique game out for any system. The scenes are really cool, the action can be crazy at times, and the entire experience is memorable."

Norman also lists several hints and game playing tips. If you're interested in figuring it all out, his review page is a pretty good place to start.

Ben

Holy hell, even once I know how to play, I still can't figure out how to get the Gleebs to combine properly. All the jump points seem to be times so that you have to be a very specific distance apart for the timing to be right for them to hit each other...

The graphics are simply amazing though... this is something the NES could be proud of.

--Zero

I think I made it through the first level, like Inky, once and by luck.

Here's a link to a review of Illusions, written by Norman Sippel:

http://my.ohio.voyager.net/~ngsippel/cvgam...ames/cvill.html

Among other things, Norman had this to say about the game:

"Illusions, in my opinion, the weirdest and most unique game out for any system. The scenes are really cool, the action can be crazy at times, and the entire experience is memorable."

Norman also lists several hints and game playing tips.  If you're interested in figuring it all out, his review page is a pretty good place to start.

Ben

NOrman Sipple. THERE's a name I haven't heard in a LONG time. I remember him from back in my ADAM days...

Who has screenshots?  After this thread I'd like to see how it looks, but I can't find any.

Here's the first level... I'd give you a shot of the second level too, but I can't beat this one yet:

--Zero

post-134-1057861608_thumb.jpg

Who has screenshots?  After this thread I'd like to see how it looks, but I can't find any.

Here's the first level... I'd give you a shot of the second level too, but I can't beat this one yet:

--Zero

It's amazing what they could do with the CV graphics, despite the fact the TI graphics chip had a horrible 8 pixel color bleed problem.

Agreed. That's an amazing screenshot. Then again that's part of the reason I've always been partial to the CV, despite the high cost of collecting games for it - the graphics on even an average game snicker at the same average game on other systems of the era. Look at Q*Bert on CV and Q*Bert on 2600 - no comparison, CV wins hands down.

It's worth pointing out though, that although the background graphics are mighty sweet, the only things that actually move are the small sprites (the red blobs on the first level). It's still pretty impressive though... I'd like to see the INTV do a background as well as that.

The only problem I had with CV graphics was the nasty scrolling problems that most games had. Not many games were able to scroll smoothly (BC's Quest For Tires did it nicely, but Looping is might choppy)

--Zero

Archived