IGNORED

Why won't Thunderbird help me fix my networking?

Thunderbird

I for one am very glad Thunderbird is excluded from the serious developer group(s), as it allows the people with real coding skills to get on with actually coding and not endlessly arguing about who has the best "kung foo".  

I find it very interesting to note that EVERY locked topic in the Jaguar forum involved an argument with Thunderbird. Without wanting to start yet another argument, I think thats more than a coincidence, dont you?  

Oh, and the groups arnt just invitation only, there is one other, special, requirement for entry *giggles*.

Sometimes it seems as though people wonder why I don't put any effort into detailing and documenting my jaguar coding experience. I often get asked why I don't write tutorials or write sample programs, or make instructions on how to make boxes or cases or things of that nature.

In the end it boils down to the fact that I'll give help in private to people who seem trustworthy. But that's as far as it goes. I don't want people like Tyrant and his Jaguar Überground to derive any benefit from my work. As long as there exists members with an attitude like his, and the remaining members tolerate and/or encourage it.

Call it a Vendetta? No. It's simple common sense and manners.

ive noticed what tyrant said to be generally true..

You are right. the only exception is when he's typing.

Oh please grow up and shut up, your not even funny any more, please, do the forums a favor and stop posting crap like this before your banned.

Oh please grow up and shut up, your not even funny any more, please, do the forums a favor and stop posting crap like this before your banned.

You should talk...

Please give it a rest! You have taken every opportunity in the last few weeks to derail any topic you see Thunderbird posting in...

Granted I haven't exactly enjoyed all the flame wars surrounding Thunderbird over the years, but I have found that he usually only ends up arguing with very stubborn types who won't let anything go.. you seem to have been caught in that trap. Just let go.

ive noticed what tyrant said to be generally true..

You are right. the only exception is when he's typing.

I read the rules and it looks like I'm safe. Apparently, the only way a person can get banned is if they don't know the difference between "Your" and "You're".

Seeya!

I think people should be smart enough to ignore the messages they don't like to avoid flame wars it's not worth it.

So I would like to say to both of them, just stop with this... I visit this board to read about the Jaguar related material that interests me not some personal war...

TXG/MNX

To Thunderbird :

You know, I think it would be great if you could spread your wisdom (coding skills) among the jaguar comunity by tutorials or help files. I think it would definitely benefit from it, as there might be more people interested in starting to code. Of course, you don't have to start writing mega complex stuff about creating a Battlesphere engine or something like that.

But helpfull docs, I really think it would make a differnce ...

Greetz,

You should talk...

Please give it a rest! You have taken every opportunity in the last few weeks to derail any topic you see Thunderbird posting in...

Granted I haven't exactly enjoyed all the flame wars surrounding Thunderbird over the years, but I have found that he usually only ends up arguing with very stubborn types who won't let anything go.. you seem to have been caught in that trap. Just let go.

This is basically true, but T-bird IS one of those "stubborn types that won't let anything go." Best thing anyone here can do for themselves is do what I did; put him on your ignore list, that's what I did, and it's great stuff! Ahh...a board I can enjoy again with only slight annoyance by T-bird when people actually :roll: take the time to quote him. :D

I believe it was in AGH that there was an interview with someone from Id about JagDoom. When asked about the networking errors, their reply was something to the effect of 'Talk to Atari, it's their hardware problem.' Is this the same bug everyone is referring too?

And just to be clear, I have played plenty of JagDoom networked. I always was under the impression the network errors were the results of being rushed, even heard stories that Id wasn't supplied with any way to test if the network worked or not. in other words I heard they weren't given any Jaglink cables because they weren't available yet.

So it is a hardware problem and not a result of the software being rushed?

I believe it was in AGH that there was an interview with someone from Id about JagDoom. When asked about the networking errors, their reply was something to the effect of 'Talk to Atari, it's their hardware problem.'  Is this the same bug everyone is referring too?

They never made it clear which networking bug they couldn't fix, so we'll never know which one they're referring to.

And just to be clear, I have played plenty of JagDoom networked. I always was under the impression the network errors were the results of being rushed, even heard stories that Id wasn't supplied with any way to test if the network worked or not. in other words I heard they weren't given any Jaglink cables because they weren't available yet.  

So it is a hardware problem and not a result of the software being rushed?

Read this:

http://www.myatari.net/issues/jan2001/jaguar.htm

They never made it clear which networking bug they couldn't fix, so we'll never know which one they're referring to.

Actually the errors in Doom networking were already fixed by some of the people in the Doom-dev Yahoo! group. Ask them.

Stone

Actually the errors in Doom networking were already fixed by some of the people in the Doom-dev Yahoo! group. Ask them.

Stone

That makes me wonder someone from that group recently approached me and asked if I could help them fix the networking errors.

Someone is not being quite honest.

That makes me wonder someone from that group recently approached me and asked if I could help them fix the networking errors.  

Someone is not being quite honest.

I don't know, I just heard someone had fixed them. They posted about it on JI2, iirc.

Stone

Archived