IGNORED

Help Synchronizing Minecraft Installs

boxpressed

I'm hoping that someone can help me figure out how to synchronize Minecraft installs. First off, I know almost nothing about the game. My ten yo has played it for years, mostly on an iPad (preferred) and some on a Kindle Fire. I've probably spent about $100 on skins and packs across both platforms. We also have it on the Xbox 360 and PS4, although those don't get as much play.

With the advent of Bedrock for the PS4, I'm ready to unify these installs, if possible. I'm guessing that my son would want to use his iPad worlds on PS4. The iPad version is 1.81 and hasn't been updated in about a year. It asks me to sign in to an Xbox Live account to save my worlds (never did this, although I have an Xbox Live account). We also got a new iPad for Xmas, and the Minecraft loaded on this new iPad seems to be a newer version that wants you to sign into a Microsoft account (not Xbox Live account). I assume that all versions are now asking for a Microsoft account log in.

The PS4 version says I have one chance to link a Microsoft account to my PS4 account. I think my son may use this one version in the future, especially to play with friends who come over.

My question is: can I transfer the worlds and add-ons from our old iPad to both the new iPad and PS4? I just don't want to lose those assets. The old iPad is many years old and isn't as fast as the newer model, obviously, so I'd like to make the transition now.

Thanks for any advice!