IGNORED

S-video modded Pal 7800 and Retrotink 2X wavy lines?

tajume80

Because the Magic Knight board ties the two color bursts together from the TIA and Maria I've seen this before. Try removing the wire you attached to the Magic Knight board from the TIA colorburst and see if it clears up. It seems to be system specific and will show up more prevalent on some. If that does clear it up, then the only suggestion I have is to wire in a switch to turn the 2600 color signal on and off so that when playing 7800 games you don't see this. If you forget to switch it on for 2600 games, they will just be black n white until you flip it back on.

The LHE mod had similar issues although with that board, there were attempts to isolate the two color inputs but the TIA color signal would still leak through.

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Because the Magic Knight board ties the two color bursts together from the TIA and Maria I've seen this before. Try removing the wire you attached to the Magic Knight board from the TIA colorburst and see if it clears up. It seems to be system specific and will show up more prevalent on some. If that does clear it up, then the only suggestion I have is to wire in a switch to turn the 2600 color signal on and off so that when playing 7800 games you don't see this. If you forget to switch it on for 2600 games, they will just be black n white until you flip it back on.

The LHE mod had similar issues although with that board, there were attempts to isolate the two color inputs but the TIA color signal would still leak through.

Ok, thanks! I'll try to remove the wire and check if it helps, hopefully so!

I forgot to mention that the inteference is more visible while playing 2600 games (as seen in the screencap of Ms. Pac Man). 7800 games look mildly better. 

Edited by tajume80

Remember you don't want to leave it completely disconnected permanently as all 2600 games would appear in black and white without that color signal for them. Then again if you have a dedicated 2600 for 2600 games and never plan to use them on the 7800, then you could leave that wire disconnected.

• 5 months later...