IGNORED

JagFest @ CGE Press Release

Songbird

JagFest @ CGE Press Release

Get $5 off Songbird table plus a chance to win door prizes!

(Details below)

July 11, 2003

For immediate release:

ROCHESTER, MN -- The latest JagFest On Tour stop, dubbed JagFest @ CGE, will be held during the Classic Gaming Expo on August 9-10 in Las Vegas, Nevada. JagFest organizer Carl Forhan had this to say about the event: "We're pulling out all the stops this year in an effort to create an exciting, memorable event. Jaguar and Lynx fans will absolutely have a blast at JagFest @ CGE."

Highlighting the event will be several brand new releases for the Jaguar and Lynx systems. Glenn Bruner, founder of Minuteman Productions, plans to release his "JAG-ADS" CD for the Jaguar CD at the show. This incredible, professionally-produced CD showcases nearly 60 minutes of Jaguar-related footage and commercials, all preserved in the best quality possible.

Songbird Productions announced plans to publish for the first time Crystal Mines II: Buried Treasure in a cartridge format for the Lynx. This cartridge contains over 100 new levels for Crystal Mines II as well as all 181 of the original "classic" levels, and also includes enhanced support for downloading custom levels into Lynx RAM. "We've taken the work from the CM2:BT CD that was created a few years ago, and integrated these levels plus dozens more into a single Lynx cartridge, which makes the game more accessible for the average fan than having to download levels one at a time to the Lynx," said Songbird owner Carl Forhan. "Having original CM2 level designer/tester C. Scott Davis on board really helped this project reach the highest quality standards. The CM2 engine is so great because you can do so many new things with it that were never attempted in the original level set."

Other Jaguar developers such as Sinister Developments and Force Design also revealed plans to either demo or publish several upcoming games at JagFest @ CGE, including an all-new version of Painter, the surprise release Mad Bodies, and the highly-anticipated Gorf Pluz. Gordon Gibson and Scott Walters will be on hand to demo and discuss their latest developments. Familiar to Jaguar fans, but newcomer to the Lynx scene, is German developer Duranik, who plans to have their Fall 2003 release Alpine Games available for demo on the Lynx. A slew of other unreleased Jaguar and Lynx games such as Soul Star, Total Carnage, Eye of the Beholder, and more are planned to be demoed as well.

Not content to let the new releases dominate the show, Carl Forhan has arranged for some former Jaguar developers to be present for JagFest @ CGE, including Eric Nofsinger of High Voltage Software, who has worked on every Jaguar project at HVS including high profile games such as NBA Jam and unreleased games like Thea Realm Fighters and Dactyl Joust. Eric fondly described HVS as being "raised by Jaguars" back in those days, and will be presenting a keynote speech on the Jaguar era of HVS. Vince Valenti of JV Games, who developed Towers II for the Jaguar, will be in attendance as well.

JagFest @ CGE will mark the release of the first installment of the "Jungle Guide". The Jungle Guide is a series of articles featuring interviews, cheats, screens, and strategy guides, with a special emphasis on post-Atari games for the Lynx and Jaguar, all printed professionally on high quality glossy paper. Each installment will showcase multiple games for both systems; the first installment will include games such as Breakout 2000 and Championship Rally. Long-time Atari fan Kevin Manne has been intensely involved with this project and brought his trademark professional style to making the Jungle Guide a success. Carl Forhan, who has seen the articles and helped provide some content, commented "What's neat about these articles is they're not a simple rehash of existing material. The vast majority of content is brand new, including screens of hard-to-reach areas, strategy guides which have been almost nonexistant for these games, interviews with the developers, and so on. The Jungle Guide will be a must-read for diehard Jaguar and Lynx fans."

In addition, JagFest @ CGE will feature multiple Jaguar and Lynx tournaments. A Protector SE high score tournament will be validated and recorded by Twin Galaxies, the official electronic games scoreboard. A two-on-two NBA Jam tournament is also scheduled, and so is a free-for-all Championship Rally competition [note to fans: please bring your Lynx and games!]. Tournaments and prizes may vary based on personnel, equipment, and schedule.

Prizes will be awarded to tournament winners, and door prizes will be awarded to participating fans throughout the show. To participate in the door prize drawing and tournaments, and to receive a $5 coupon valid for merchandise at the Songbird Productions booth, simply mention "JagFest @ CGE" with your online advance ticket purchase, or at the door when you register for CGE. For more information on CGE, please visit http://www.cgexpo.com .

Help make the jungle cats ROAR by participating in JagFest @ CGE this year!

Songbird Productions is a premier developer and publisher for the Atari Lynx and Jaguar. To keep up to date with the latest news at Songbird Productions, be sure to visit the company web site at http://songbird-productions.com .

I don't think Carl is intentionally trying to overshadow the other JagFest stops (otherwise he could've announced this stuff long ago to discourage attendance at the other events), it just seems like he's putting a lot of effort into getting exclusive new content to the CGE Fest. There's nothing stopping other organizers from doing the same!

I don't think Carl is intentionally trying to overshadow the other JagFest stops (otherwise he could've announced this stuff long ago to discourage attendance at the other events), it just seems like he's putting a lot of effort into getting exclusive new content to the CGE Fest. There's nothing stopping other organizers from doing the same!

I know, I do what I can for the fests I'm heading up(MWC and VGS)

while fest at MWC was more down scaled,Fest at VGS will make up for that.

I really hope fest at CGE goes well.

Dan Iacovelli

man looks like carl is stealing the thunder from the other jagfest tour locations :( .

any ways looks like Jagfest at CGE is going be known as the granddady of of the Jagfest tour.

Dan Iacovelli

Don't count AGE out too quickly. Between what Clint will be showing (more info to come) and Curt's museum stuff, there will be plenty for all to see. I wish I could be at AGE too, but the budget only permits CGE this year!

Jason

Yea Jason... AGE should prove to be very cool as well! :)

I'm all set and ready to go! :) heh... only a few weeks away as well!

Hopefully I'll get to be at CGE as well... but my current plans are mainly

to be at AGE =) *I'd love to attend every single event throughout the year ;)

Clint Thompson

:P

Yea Jason... AGE should prove to be very cool as well! :)

I'm all set and ready to go! :) heh... only a few weeks away as well!

Hopefully I'll get to be at CGE as well... but my current plans are mainly

to be at AGE =)  *I'd love to attend every single event throughout the  year ;)

Clint Thompson

:P

Would be sweet if you could make it to CGE as well! :)

And Stone, yes, I DO have a budget although at times it may appear I don't...... :D

I hear you -- I wish I had time/funds to attend EVERY show, but last year was simply too much when I attended PC3, MWC, and CGE. So I had to stick with just CGE this year. :)

Hope you guys all have a great time at all the shows, and hope that some of you can make it to JagFest @ CGE as well!

Everything came together, so I'm going to Vegas! Yay! Haven't been there since Feb of 2000.

I know the place'll be huge and all, but with any luck, I'll be able to run into some of my fellow AtariAgers. It'll be nice meeting you! (I know I'll be at Songbird's booth, so at least I'll get to see what Carl looks like.)

Just look for the little blonde dude with the WIDE blue eyes. I'll be the one with the look of awe and the armload of Atari purchases. :D With any luck, my name badge will read "Atari Smeghead" as well as my real-life moniker.

Can't wait! Can't wait!!

Randy

Don't forget, be sure to mention "JagFest @ CGE" when you register to receive a $5 coupon for the Songbird table, and to put your name in the door prize drawing at the show!

Carl,

Can you clarify this for us, please? In my case, I used PayPal to register, and I put "Jagfest @ CGE" in the "comments" field. Since we don't receive actual tickets, will your $5.00 coupon be waiting at the door along with my name tag?

See ya soon, Carl. It'll be nice meeting you!

JagFest @ Classic Gaming Expo is less than two weeks away! Atari fans from all over will converge in Las Vegas at the Plaza Hotel on August 9th and 10th for what will be the biggest and best CGE ever!

JagFest @ CGE will include demos of the top Jaguar games, tournaments where you compete head-to-head to claim your prize, and new releases exclusive to the event for both the Atari Jaguar and Lynx.

Be sure to mention "JagFest @ CGE" when pre-registering or registering at the door, and you'll receive a $5 coupon good at the Songbird Productios booth, where tons of Jaguar and Lynx merchandise are available for purchase. Plus, JagFest attendees will get their names put in a drawing for multiple prizes.

Jaguar fans, bring your Jaguar shirts out in force on Saturday, August 9th, so we can take a massive group picture for JagFest attendees. Details on tournaments, picture time, and more available at the show.

This is one Classic Gaming Expo no Atari fan should miss!

Just wanted to let everyone know everything is lining up to make JagFest @ CGE one of the COOLEST events ever! We've got most of the equipment and personnel lined up for the tournaments and demos, new games are ready for release, etc. Lots of unreleased games and hardware will be on hand, some for the first time ever.

The first edition of the (Jaguar/Lynx) Jungle Guide is finished, including all-new interviews, strategy guides, cheats, and more for Breakout 2000, Protector, Protector SE, Championship Rally, and Othello. Fourteen pages of professionally printed material on high-quality glossy paper!

Prizes will be given away throughout the show, including a brand new Atari Jaguar unit, Iron Soldier 2 CD, Jungle Guide #1, and other Lynx and Jaguar games.

Be sure to wear a Jaguar (or Lynx, or Atari, or Songbird...) T-shirt on Saturday for the big JagFest picture!

And don't forget to mention JagFest @ CGE when you buy your tickets -- you'll receive a $5 coupon good at the Songbird table, and get your name entered for the above door prizes.

See ya there!

Hello!

hey carl you going to have the flash/ethernet cart there?

Glenn Bruner told me that he will probably bring his Ethernet/FLASH-card to the show. This is the only card outside of Europe, but i am not sure if it will

either be only shown in a show-case along with other prototypes or will be demoed (?) in all aspects (CD-Bypass + Memorytrack, Internet-access, 4MB-game-image-storage with E2prom-switch and so on).

Regards

Matthias

PS: I would suggest that Glenn should keep it in the showcase ;-)

Archived