IGNORED

WTB: MSX SD multicart/mapper

larrylaffer

1 hour ago, larrylaffer said:

I am expecting a nice MSX to arrive and I wanted to check if anyone here wants to sell their MSX SD multicart...

I am more interested in a Carnivore2 but open to other options.

Thanks!

I doubt many people (if anyone here) has this. If they do, they are probably not going to sell it :)

I saw the MSX you purchased today from Mattsoft. I was *this* close to taking that machine :) Nice machine, good luck with it!

I would suggest monitoring this website for pre-orders:

https://www.8bits4ever.net/product-page/carnivore2

Maybe reach out via their contact us page and inquire on when the next pre-order is expected to open.

Thank you @eightbit,

Yes, I am sure many people were *this* close, just like you ? I was also *this* close to let it go, but then I remembered that "in life you must say once in a while 'what the heck!'", and I pulled thre trigger ? thank you for your good words. 

I already contacted 8bits4ever.net just to hear that I need to subscribe to the newsletter for when they will start taking preorders again ?

I'm sure they will. Where there's money to be made people will continue to produce ;)

I have all sorts of devices like this that I had to wait for. That said, I have a lot of patience! And, thankfully I have a lot of retro-computing projects to keep me busy while I wait. I am currently waiting on a replacement drop in STe PSU myself.

Yep, the order is in already. I preferred Carnivore2 as it has more features and is slightly cheaper but it seems like it will take long before they have new stock, it seems like they are just sending out the last pre order.

There is also someone from Brazil on Ebay selling a similar cart but without SCC mapper, so I guess MegaFlashROM SCC+ SD is better option. 

By the way, I ordered the 1 SD card option, is there a good reason to get the 2 SD card version other than pure greed?