IGNORED

ZERO 5 for Jaguar and Falcon (STe)

krupkaj

Completely different. In fact the Jaguar dev team were forbidden from playing the Falcon game until after they'd finished the Jag version :)

The names are the same because they have the same backing story.

Stone

I seem to recall Caspian Software was supposed to do the Jaguar version as well, and that it was eventually picked up by another developer when Caspian folded. Still, that doesn't stop the Jaguar version developers doing something quite different.

Personally i liked the STE/Falcon version more.

It's somewhat easier to get into control wise and as said before it's mission based.

The jag version is much faster and smoother and a really good 3D shooter.

Having said that i should play the STE/Falcon version again. It's been too long ago to give an unbiased opinion.

Yea, I HAD zero 5 on my falcon :( but well, that was a long time ago.

Can't find it anywhere now (on disk)  

I liked the Jag version MUCH better.. the music is cool and its completely

different!

Clint Thompson

:P

I think a mix between the two games would have worked best. The Jag version is just too "twitchy" for most people to get into. It's not a skill to master like Tempest 2000, but more of a memory pattern memorization game.

I found the interview, it's here.

The bit I was referring to was this:

>16)What kinds of improvements were made over the Falcon game?

It's a completely different game! It shares the title, parts of the storyline, and a few graphics (such as the 8x8 font!), but in general it's a different game. I wasn't even allowed to see the ST-E/Falcon version when I first started at Caspian, in case I got the wrong idea about what was wanted for the Jag version!

Stone

Archived