IGNORED

WTB: Commodore 128(And maybe a 1541)

bluejay

I am probably going to move out of the U.S. sometimes this year, and that means I might have to stock up on some retro stuff before I leave, so I won't have to deal with international shipping and whatnot. So I first thing first, the most important. I need to have a C128/C64 before I leave, as well as some kind of 5.25" floppy drive. Since the C128 can emulate the C64, it has the higher priority. I don't mind it not being in perfect shape as long as its not very severely yellowed or has permanently damaged/missing parts, as long as it functions correctly. As for the 1541, as much as I'd love a 1570/1571, they cost too much. This has the least amount of priority of them all, but if you can tuck it in with the C128/C64, that'll be great.

Have I mentioned that I'm so sick of eBay auctions?

Anyways, I can't afford to pay too much, but I'm looking for around $200 shipped in working "ehh..." condition, with the power supply. I'd be happy to trade my 2600 for the 1541 or a slight discount on the C128.

Anyways, thanks in advance, if you are planning on selling yours!

Oh, I forgot to mention; if you have 1541 parts, I'd also buy the drive mechanism and logic board alone, since I have a semi-working drive that's practically unusable.

Edited by bluejay

The last few C128Ds on US eBay have sold for $300 and up so I don’t think that’s in the OP’s price range.

@bluejay is there any particular reason why you want a C128? If you only want to play C64 games I think a regular C64 or 64C would be a more affordable choice. IMO the 128 is only worth it if you plan on using it for more serious work and/or if you want to dabble in CP/M.

5 hours ago, ApolloBoy said:

@bluejay is there any particular reason why you want a C128? If you only want to play C64 games I think a regular C64 or 64C would be a more affordable choice. IMO the 128 is only worth it if you plan on using it for more serious work and/or if you want to dabble in CP/M.

The thing is, I do like to dabble with a bunch of stuff, and in the long run, it might end up saving me money since I won't need an Osborne or Kaypro as long as a find the CP/M boot disk for the 128. Also, the built in machine language monitor helps, since I've been planning on learning 6502 assembly some day.