IGNORED

A Good Resource

vanman

Specifically? Probably not... It would be more directly useful for the 5200 than the 2600 though.

But as an intro to 6502 assembly code, they should be a decent help. I don't know my Mansfield from my Zaks as far as quality, but I think others have spoken well of his books, and they will get you started down the correct path.

i got that book ... and it explains 6502 on atari computers but not specifically the 2600/5200 consoles, but combine the stuff in the book along with the newbies 2600 tutorial..and things START to make sense.

the book compares basic and 6502 and how if you know basic then 6502 is easier ... the book is pretty cool over all ... but it's not a 2600 programming bible

i got it for i think $5 WITH shipping from amazon.com used books

The two best books for learning Atari 8-bit/xe/xl/5200 programming are Atari Roots and Assembly Language Programming for the Atari Computers. The second has more content and more advanced features but is still great for beginners. The first one is online at www.atariarchives.org. Don't waste your time with the Zaks, Leventhal, or Inman books. The two Compute books are good also for beginners but are multi-platform.(C-64, Apple, Vic-20, Atari)

Allan

Archived