IGNORED

New message boards

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

If I trusted paypal, I'd send you a dollar. Maybe I'll mail it to ya!

We understand that some people don't trust PayPal and we'll setup alternate methods for people to make donations (such as Amazon's Tip Jar, if they're still doing that). I don't have a problem using PayPal with my credit cards, but I removed my checking account information from it as I don't want them (or a malicious hacker) to have direct access to my cash. We setup the PayPal feature because it was pretty easy to do, but we haven't yet spent much time working out a complete donation "system". When (if) we do, then we'll promote it a bit.

..Al

You guys (not trying to tell you how to do anything, dont get the wrong idea) should try to promote the online store a little more.. Its got tons of great stuff, and you all make a portion of money with each sale if im not mistaken. Some people might just see the highligts in the corner and not click on it, not knowing all of the stuff it has , and not knowing it also goes to help the site out.

Because we all knnow some people want something in return for tier donation.. well this is a good way to accomadate thier needs.

[ 03-17-2002: Message edited by: liquid_sky ]

Prob with the online store is it only caters for the US. I'd be happy to chip in a few dollars, in fact, when I get a few I will...urrr..this thread is too intelligent...must..say..something...about..the...xbox...

I just looked at the 'web site comments' boards for the first time, and I have a few comments, each of which may have already been covered in the past; if so, sorry :

1) Currently, the Digital Press boards use Ez-board, and don't play well with Opera 5.12. AA, otoh, works just fine with Opera. I think it's important you maintain that compatibility. Whenever I want to post something at DP I need to copy the URL, launch IE, and then paste the URL into IE. It's a pain and discourages me from posting (which I guess may be viewed as a positive by some).

2) I assume I simply can't find the configuration option, but if there is in fact no way to set your local time zone, the new message board should include that as a feature. IE, it's 12:49pm Eastern Time right now (where I am). It looks to me like all timestamps on posted messages are Central Time. There ought to be a way to configure things (as an option) so that when I am logged in to the board, all message timestamps are displayed adjusted for my timezone.

Steve...not sure he's explaining this clearly...

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Jacobs:

1) Currently, the Digital Press boards use Ez-board, and don't play well with Opera 5.12. AA, otoh, works just fine with Opera. I think it's important you maintain that compatibility.

100% agreed!

I love Opera, IE will never find it's way onto my PC.

2) I assume I simply can't find the configuration option, but if there is in fact no way to set your local time zone, the new message board should include that as a feature.

IIRC the new MB software will have that feature, right?

[ 03-19-2002: Message edited by: Thomas Jentzsch ]

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Jacobs:

1) Currently, the Digital Press boards use Ez-board, and don't play well with Opera 5.12. AA, otoh, works just fine with Opera. I think it's important you maintain that compatibility. Whenever I want to post something at DP I need to copy the URL, launch IE, and then paste the URL into IE. It's a pain and discourages me from posting (which I guess may be viewed as a positive by some).

The new software we'll be running, phpBB2 looks fine in Opera. You can take a look at the above site and see if it works fine for you (I just looked at it using the latest version of Opera for Windows, 6.01 I think).

2) I assume I simply can't find the configuration option, but if there is in fact no way to set your local time zone, the new message board should include that as a feature. IE, it's 12:49pm Eastern Time right now (where I am). It looks to me like all timestamps on posted messages are Central Time. There ought to be a way to configure things (as an option) so that when I am logged in to the board, all message timestamps are displayed adjusted for my timezone.

There is no way to set the time zone with the current software we are running (Ultimate Bulletin Board), and you are correct that the local time is Central. However, phpBB2 does allow you to set your time zone and will then display all timestamps based on your locale. In addition, there's excellent foreign language support, so these two features together will make our foreign visitors much happier.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Marco:

What's taking you so long in creating the new Ebay/crazy money/silly thrifstore vendors etc board?

I was hoping to get our current message boards converted over to the new software, but the guy writing the UBB6 -> phpBB2 convertor is taking a bit longer than I originally anticipated. So it'll be at least a few more weeks before the migration takes place. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

..Al