IGNORED

Message Board corrupted!?!

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Jentzsch:

What's happening here? Several threads are broken!

The board is extremely slow at the moment, but I haven't seen any broken threads. Could it be that they've just timed out for you? Can you point me at some specific examples?

Thanks,

..Al

Hi Albert,

on this page I can see your answer, but on the normal page I only see parts of the headline graphics, but no text at all.

And that's the same for all other threads iI tested. I can read the first post, the second is corrupted and that's it.

I have cleared my browser cache and restarted the browser, but the problems remain.

Might be the timeout problem.

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Jentzsch:

Update:

I changed my provider and cleared my browser cache again. Now everything works again.

That's good. You know, everytime you start a thread about the message board being screwed up in some fashion you give me a heart attack.

..Al

HEY! What did I do? Come on, Inky! Cut yer old pal Stan a break here. We all know NE146 is the real perv. Sheesh!

I tried to visit the boards this morning, but kept getting a message about "closed for maintenence. Guess the Al's had to wipe off the tables and sweep up the floors...

Its up for grabs!

You sure its up Stan!!??? *scratches head* *squints* *shrugs*

skatepunk60: Never did find that check. Will look thru some older paper work later in the week. At least with a check you know I didnt just cash it at leave you hanging.

It soon ends up OT....

I'm definetly having msg board problems of various sorts, but nothing major.

I sometimes get a horizontal scroll bar if people make words that go across my whole screen without hitting that return key or space bar. This never used to happen and its quite irritating.

It also sometimes doesn't load at all.

BTW Stan put your front away or you'll end up back in the Atarinvader basment. Shhesh you can't take him anywhere, god'am' animal.

quote:

Originally posted by atarinvader:

I sometimes get a horizontal scroll bar if people make words that go across my whole screen without hitting that return key or space bar. This never used to happen and its quite irritating.

It also sometimes doesn't load at all.

The situation with the scrollbar you mention is annoying when it happens, but I haven't seen that very often (fortunately). And usually when I do I'll edit the offending post to insert a few returns or spaces. As for the not loading, that sounds like a Netscape 4.x problem. That's the only browser I've ever experienced those symptoms with. I wonder how many people are still using Netscape 4.x.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by atarinvader:

I'm using IE 5.5. It loads the top banner, but then nothing, but I do have a dodgy 56k connection.

I think I get that scroll bar problem because I'm only running 800*600, and even if you edit the posts I still get it. Strange.

Not sure what would cause only the top of the page to load unless IE simply timed out when loading the page. Or perhaps you hit a time when the board was very slow, which has happened a few times (for various reasons). We'll soon be switching forum software, so hopefully any weird issues like this will go way.

As for the 800x600, the few times I've edited posts to break up long lines I'm usually doing so on a 1024x768 display (my laptop), so you'll still end up with a horizontal scrollbar. I hope the new software fixes this obnoxious behavior.

..Al

• 5 weeks later...