IGNORED

Flesh out Game Notes

mos6507

Now that the game database is mostly complete for the 2600, I think it's time to start driving ahead to flesh out the editorial portion of the database.

You know, the game notes, history, trvia, tips and tricks.

There is very very little in there right now.

If you were to, let's say, convert what was said about the games covered in Stella at 20 into ASCII it would fill up a bunch of games right there and then. Outside of that, there is a lot of commonly known information about the games, but it's just not typed in yet. I wish I had enough time to commit to print everything that I know about these games, but I dont.

We really should come up with a strategy to help fill out and maintain this editorial content. I think it's the missing element at AtariAge. If this were truly complete, this site would be the definitive reference for classic Atari knowledge.

Maybe some of the text can be imported from another resource on aggreement from said party, like 2600 Connection?

I would agree, this is one of the areas where the site is lacking. It's been a little difficult until now because of the database management between Albert and myself, but we're building some tools that should make it easer to add this type of content.

We may even add some type of "Submit Info" button on each game's home page that would get sent to us for review and easy posting to the site.

We're working on it, and we're open to other suggestions.

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

Yeah, some games have a nice write up, but most are blank! Just a quick game summary would be nice, and would help explain what is going on in the screen shots.

Glenn has sent us some great information for several games already, which we'll be adding to the pages for those respective games. I think having interesting game notes for each game will give people a much more compelling reason to browse through the database and hit the individual pages for each game. As Alex said, we're working on some things to make it easier for us to update and maintain the database, and this will ultimately lead to the ability for people to submit information (and not just game notes) directly from each page.

..Al

If you are interested we are putting together quite a list of 2600 strategy guides. These would look great linked to the game notes page.

We currently have guides on Popeye, Fireworld, Spider-man, Xenophobe, Riddle of the Sphinx, Dragonfire, and Centipede.

I am currently working up a COMPLETE guide to Dragonstomper as well.

Just wanted you to know.

Stan