IGNORED

Tyrant ROTARY COntrollers !

midwest_cdn

Well after wanting one for awhile to play tempest 2k, I finally got 1.Needless to say It was well worth the wait. Took some gettin used to from playing with the normal controller, but after sometime it starts to feel very natural.

As some people on the boards who say the controller is " cheaply " made, i disagree. If not mistaken the knob is one piece metal. Very much like the ones u used to find in the arcades. Nothing is loose and is solid. I even go as far as saying the rotary device would last longer than the controller itself. Very high quality. I had my doubts , but after actually playing with one i am very impressed.

Very good product Tyrant ! Mass produce those suckers, very good , high quality product for any jag collection.

Dude i think that is the best part, because the rotary gives u better movement control it helps the score. Big time. I used to miss power ups with the normal controller, but now i miss nothing. The normal controllers controls good, but at times doesnt offer the better control the rotary can offer.

Yeah I know for a fact that million mark will be passed with the rotary easily.

As stone said, Tempest has autofire at the maximum possible rate already, just push and hold. Autofire on Jump or Superzapper would also be somewhat pointless, and autofire on pause (as some megadrive controllers had) causes more gameplay problems than it solves.

As stone said, Tempest has autofire at the maximum possible rate already, just push and hold. Autofire on Jump or Superzapper would also be somewhat pointless, and autofire on pause (as some megadrive controllers had) causes more gameplay problems than it solves.

Ah slowmo feature :) LOL what an ACE idea that was! :)

If u need a slow mo button, maybe u shouldnt be playing tempest ?

I dunno, by about level 60 I need one lol.

Then again, on the first few levels I need a speed up button, they're sooo boring (but you need them so you get enough extra lives to have a hope of beating hte later levels).

If u need a slow mo button, maybe u shouldnt be playing tempest ?

I dunno, by about level 60 I need one lol.

Then again, on the first few levels I need a speed up button, they're sooo boring (but you need them so you get enough extra lives to have a hope of beating hte later levels).

I hear that.

Now if only these controllers were readily available, without getting into bidding wars... ;)

@Tyrant- hint, hint. ;)

I know I know, Im tired and stressed tho hehe, I'll put a couple more up in a day or two (I kinda fancy trying a dutch auction this time :)).

Archived