IGNORED

What should old systems be worth?

Jasoco

While looking for the systems I wanna collect, I'd like to know what prices I should be aware of so I don't get cheated by paying too much for something that I could have gotten for a few bucks elsewhere.

Specifically, what would be good prices on these systems?

Sega Genesis 2 and 3

Sega CD add-ons for the 1 and 2

Sega 32x

Sega Saturn

Atari Jaguar

Those are the ones I want to collect mainly. Aside from the Dreamcast and PlayStation. What would be prices to watch out for? Assuming the systems include all the hook-ups needed. So I can base my final decisions on them.

Well, let's see. I'll try to remember how much I've paid for some of my systems.

Sega Genesis I (european version a.k.a Mega Drive): 20$ with a bunch of games.

Sega Genesis II(this to Mega Drive II): 30$ also with loads of games

Sega Master System I: 5$

Sega Master System II: 1$ together with Golden Axe Warrior

Sega Saturn: 40$ together with Casper the Friendly Ghost

Sega Dreamcast: 45$ together with Chu Chu Rocket & Dead or Alive 2

Nintendo NES: Found in a dumpster with a bunch of games

SNES: Same dumpster :)

Neo-Geo AES: 20$ together with Magician Lord

Concorde: 20$

Videomaster Olympics: Free

Sega Genesis(MD)II + 32X + Sega CD + Loads of games: 100$

Well, that's about all the consoles I've got. I probably paid a bit more than I should for a couple of machines but I also paid a lot less than I should have for a few of them (especially the Neo-Geo was a great find :P )

Hope this is of any help to you?

Cheers

Troop

All things are worth what somemone will pay. Thats why auction sites are a good judge, take an average of all the auction sites. If a system sells consistantly for $50, thats what its worth. If you find the same system at a garage sale for $5, it doesn't mean that is what its worth, it just means you got a great deal. Everything is supply and demand and the fact is older systems are getting harder to find. Every old system thats breaks and gets thrown away is one less system on the market and one buyer looking for another system. There are good deals and bad deals, you just have to look around and be patient for the right deal.

> Sega Genesis 2 and 3

I see these for $5 all the time. I wouldn't pay any more than that.

> Sega CD add-ons for the 1 and 2

I'd say about $25-30 for the SegaCD2, and $30-40 for the SegaCD1. The SegaCD1 is far sexier.

> Sega 32x

I paid $30 for a complete boxed one. As I said in that other thread, finding all the pieces for this thing is a major pain in the ass... I think $30 for everything is a fair deal. If all you're getting is the 32X and patch cable, I'd say $20-25... and if all you're getting is the 32X (no cables), don't buy it, since the cables really only show up with a 32X.

> Sega Saturn

I completely lucked out and found mine for $15. That was an amazing deal. Depending on the condition, I'd say a Saturn is worth up to $40-50. Try to make sure you get controllers with it... I've had a hard time finding them.

> Atari Jaguar

Unless you're going by eBay, these are pretty hard to find. I'd say $30-40 is a fair price depending on condition. Again, make sure you get controllers for it.

(Those are Canadian prices... so multiple by 0.75 or so for American values)

--Zero

Funny how you mentioned getting A Nintendo out of a dumpster. Years ago my neighbor built a dumpster thing in his yard. It really sucked because they had way too much garbage and didn't make enough runs to the dump, so half of my yard smelled like ass. But once when I was taking out my trash I saw some nintendo games right on top of his trash. Thats how I got My Zelda (gold cart) and I should have taken the other games (adventure of lolo was there, and now I hear its rare). I love those neighbors

There's a local video game store in my city that is a bit of a hole-in-the-wall place (although it's one of the better places to find stuff), and the guy who runs the place uses Nintendo's as building material. Two of his display cases are held up by stacks of NES systems... about 12 systems in total.

--Zero

Archived