IGNORED

What Sonic Game am I thinking of??

Jasoco

Waaay back in the olden days, when the N64 and the Saturn were out, I remember seeing a Sonic game in 3-d. It was on the Saturn, but now I can't seem to figure out what game it was. The interweb keeps saying Sonic CD and Sonic Jam and saying that Sonic 3D Blast was a Saturn game (That confuses me the most) and all this stuff. But I just want to know what game THIS is:

sonicjam5.jpg

I found that screenshot on a site about Sonic Jam and they seem to refer to it as Sonic CD. But another site shows Sonic CD as a normal side-scroller.

Now I'm just all confused. Even more so since what little I saw of the Saturn game at Toys R Us, the water wasn't clear and when Sonic went in it, he sunk below it with bubbles circling around his head above. But the water was solid blue. So, I'm confused with that shot above with the clear water.

Can someone help me out? I WANT that game! And if it IS a Saturn game, then I have a Saturn to buy. But I wanna play it. Add it to my collection.

Is there a master list of every Sonic game created with screenshots and the system they were on? Including re-releases like the Mega Collection.

There are three sonic games on the saturn

Sonic 3D blast - technically a 2D isometric game, a saturn port of the genesis game

Sonic R - A 3D sonic game, that is more of a racer than a straight action game

Sonic Jam - A compilation of the four Genesis Sonic Games, as an added bonus, there was a 3D level, but it is no more than a demo

If I remember correctly, there was a title in development called "Sonic Extreme" for the Saturn. From the sound of it, it would have turned out something like a watered down version of Sonic Adventure, except that it was never released... chances are that this is where that 3D level came from.

--Zero

Archived