IGNORED

Joeatari1s' giveaway thread

joeatari1

13 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Marvel characters.  Venom, Vulture? and an unidentified one.  If you know who he is, please tell me.  Thanks.

20200823_213125.thumb.jpg.36ed9573254359cce38fbff838f2b06e.jpg

Those three are from the Spiderman Animated Series from Fox. There's Black suit Spidey on the top right, Vulture on the bottom, and the top left is Alister Smythe.

2 minutes ago, xabin said:

Those three are from the Spiderman Animated Series from Fox. There's Black suit Spidey on the top right, Vulture on the bottom, and the top left is Alister Smythe.

Thank you.  The Marvel Universe is not strong with me.

1 hour ago, joeatari1 said:

@MrBeefy I think this is in your avatar.  I will send it to you if you want.  It is die cast and heavy.  Sorry I don't know what character it is.

20200823_204026.thumb.jpg.236cb80774603447400ea0bee384627a.jpg

LMAO. My avatar is a character in a wrestling card game I created. That is freaking hilarious because it does resemble it!

21 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

LMAO. My avatar is a character in a wrestling card game I created. That is freaking hilarious because it does resemble it!

If you would like this, please PM me.  If you don't then let me know and I will give it to someone else.

48 minutes ago, xabin said:

Ah, the Dukes of Hazard General Lee. Looking on ebay, it looks like, loose, that thing is going for a good $15-$20. Never heard of these things, before, but they seem fun.

All of my give aways are valuable to someone.  Hopefully more than just a dollar figure.  I typically pay $10-$20 just to ship them to people.  My only wish is that they find a good home and that they are enjoyed by the people I give them to or their kin and not resold for a profit.  But of course I can't control what happens to them once they leave my possession.

That said, the finger racer is very fun.  Especially if you have another to race against!

• Like 3

On 8/26/2020 at 8:02 PM, joeatari1 said:

All of my give aways are valuable to someone.  Hopefully more than just a dollar figure.  I typically pay $10-$20 just to ship them to people.  My only wish is that they find a good home and that they are enjoyed by the people I give them to or their kin and not resold for a profit.  But of course I can't control what happens to them once they leave my possession.

That said, the finger racer is very fun.  Especially if you have another to race against!

I know this, and I'm not trying to suggest that you should sell any future stuff you decide to put on here. You're being very generous with this, and I'm sure everyone appreciates it. I think, like with the General Lee finger racer, I'm implying that you should do some research into future stuff you decide to give out, to see if it's particularly rare or collectable, so you can advertise that and be more certain to be able to find someone who would truly want it for their own personal collection, instead of just grabbing it in order to cash in on your generosity. For instance, your first item, the near-complete original Voltron figure, is really collectible and expensive on Ebay, so it isn't surprising that so many people were interested in it, but the Gobots you gave out, later on, or the Animated Spider Man figures would've been a hard "sell", if someone didn't recognize them. Also, not saying you're not doing enough research on them, so sorry about that.

On that note, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Figure-Lido-4-LAVA-MONSTER-Galaxy-Warriors-die-cast-Woolworths-KO-He-Man/283988944784?epid=10035964335&hash=item421f0f6790:g:ZMUAAOSwM8xfQ88M This seems to be the figure that you posted up, the green die-cast one. Rather strange action figure line. Seems like the line is fairly rare, with some accessories (like shields) going up to the $50 range, so if anyone is a collector of odd knock-off figures like this, or has an attachment to the line (Galaxy Warriors), they would do well getting this from you.

Edited by xabin
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, xabin said:

I know this, and I'm not trying to suggest that you should sell any future stuff you decide to put on here. You're being very generous with this, and I'm sure everyone appreciates it. I think, like with the General Lee finger racer, I'm implying that you should do some research into future stuff you decide to give out, to see if it's particularly rare or collectable, so you can advertise that and be more certain to be able to find someone who would truly want it for their own personal collection, instead of just grabbing it in order to cash in on your generosity. For instance, your first item, the near-complete original Voltron figure, is really collectible and expensive on Ebay, so it isn't surprising that so many people were interested in it, but the Gobots you gave out, later on, or the Animated Spider Man figures would've been a hard "sell", if someone didn't recognize them. Also, not saying you're not doing enough research on them, so sorry about that.

On that note, I'm looking into the mystery figure you just posted. It looks like a He-Man knockoff, but in die-cast metal. Do you have any more details about it, like a maker's mark or whatnot?

The Problem with that, You don't know, Someone would just say they want it for there Collection, But if they only want it to resell it for big bucks

That is true, sadly. It's a risk, either way, but appealing to the people who you think would be more likely to buy it for its collector's value or nostalgia makes finding the right person a bit easier. I remember trying to sell figures my boyfriend and I had of a specific offshoot line to Lanard Toys' The Corps on ebay, thinking they wouldn't be worth much, and someone who literally spends his time collecting those specific figures for a museum for the line bought them all, so from then on, I learned to try to research and then advertise what I had more, to appeal to more specific people.

• Like 1